Failed on connect: Ee(07). Bad ACK returned from status - wire error.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed on connect: Ee(07). Bad ACK returned from status - wire error.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by daniel.widyanto on Sun Mar 06 21:28:16 MST 2011
Hi,

I'm using LPCXpresso board, with LPC1114 replaced with LPC1113FDB48/302. My LPCXpresso version is :
--------------
LPCXpresso:
Version: LPCXpresso v3.6.2 [Build 279] [29/01/2011]
--------------
My PC's OS is Windows-XP.

I got this error printed on the LPCXpresso's console:
--------------
LPCXpresso Debug Driver v2.0 (Jan 18 2011 08:09:09)
Looked for chip XML file in C:/nxp/lpcxpresso_3.6/bin/LPC1113/302.xml
Looked for vendor directory XML file in C:/nxp/lpcxpresso_3.6/bin/nxp_directory.xml
Found generic directory XML file in C:/nxp/lpcxpresso_3.6/bin/crt_directory.xml
02: Failed on connect: Ee(07). Bad ACK returned from status - wire error.
Emu(0): Connected. Was: None. DpID:     EDB6. Info: T1S6RGRIA
--------------

I've read this post: http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showthread.php?t=1616 and my result after running 'Scripts\bootLPCXpresso.cmd winusb' from 'C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.6\bin' is that the LPCXpresso is recognized as 'LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1'

What does this error actually mean (USB connection error, JTAG cannot recognize the device, etc) ? And how to resolve it ?

Thanks for your help

Regards,
-daniel
0 Kudos
11 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by emiliopiacentino on Wed Sep 21 16:07:47 MST 2011
Zero I did go to http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip and I do GND PIO0_1 pin and assert a reset; and then it did work!
Now I am debugging!!

Thanks for all!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Wed Sep 21 16:07:43 MST 2011
As explained in:

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip

Pull ISP PIN (LPC1343: P0.1) low and reset (or disconnect USB and reconnect USB again).
Now your serial bootloader is running (from ROM) an no (wrong?) user program.
After this LPC-link should be able to program your chip again. If it does, release ISP PIN again and you are back in business :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by emiliopiacentino on Wed Sep 21 15:52:48 MST 2011
*Yes I downloaded  LPCXpresso v3.6.3_317 from the page of Code Red.

*I run my program several times, and it worked normaly; since I have the error debug.

*I proved the Boot Loader mode but it didnot work.
*In the code of Init() I do the following to activate the BOOT LOADER:

"LPC_SYSCON->SYSMEMREMAP &=0xFFFFFFFC"  //it didn't work

And I proved too, going to C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.6.3_317\bin\Scripts --> bootLPCXpresso.cmd
But I saw in the screen the following: "No device connect. Press Download when connected"

*How I can switch to ISP mode?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Wed Sep 21 15:32:03 MST 2011
#1 Are you using an original LPCXpresso?

#2 Could you program / debug it before?

#3 Switching to ISP doesn't work?

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by emiliopiacentino on Wed Sep 21 15:11:25 MST 2011
I need help with LPC1343, because I have got this error:

[B]Error launching Debug\blinky.axf
02:Failed on connect: Ee(07). Bad ACK returned from status - wire error.:[/B]

I'm using LPCXpresso on Windows XP:
Version: LPCXpresso v3.6.3 [Build 317] [08/04/2011]

I proved Daniel´s solution but It didn´t work.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sun Mar 27 04:35:02 MST 2011
I think you are aware (now) that SWDIO (Serial wire debug data input/output) is necessary to connect LPC-Link to your target MCU :)

Of course you can use SWD pins for other things, but then you have to use ISP :(
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by S3rd on Sun Mar 27 03:26:42 MST 2011
I also had this problem when I changed the IO setting for PIO1_3-SWDIO (as part of a power saving drive) and the debug link crashed at this IO pin change.  Leaving it at its reset state fixed things for me.

Going into ISP mode allowed me to reload the debug session and step to the problem code.

Simon
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by daniel.widyanto on Mon Mar 07 19:39:04 MST 2011
Hi,

Found the issue..Someone programmed SLEEPDEEP into the MCU. I need to switch the MCU into ISP mode (by pulling PIO1_0) before I can program the MCU again.

Thanks again

Regards,
-daniel
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by daniel.widyanto on Mon Mar 07 18:39:29 MST 2011
Hi,

Thanks for your support. Yes, I removed the LPC1114FBD48/301 and replaced it with LPC1113FBD48/302 (Gen-II) to test its current consumption. It was working fine just few days ago, when suddenly it stopped working yesterday. I haven't programmed the CRP.

According to your answer it seems like the problem is related to the chip (MCU) itself, not the JTAG (LPC-Link). I'll check the JTAG's connection and replace the LPC1113 chip if necesssary.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Mar 07 07:27:14 MST 2011
One other thought - you haven't programmed a CRP value into the MCU have you? You would certainly see this error if you had, as you have then effectively disabled debug. See the LPC11xx User Manual from NXP's website for more information.

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Mar 07 07:22:14 MST 2011

Quote: daniel.widyanto

I'm using LPCXpresso board, with LPC1114 replaced with LPC1113FDB48/302. My LPCXpresso version is :

So are you saying that you have physically removed the LPC1114 that your LPCXpresso board shipped with, and connected up an LPC1113 in its place (on the same circuit board)?

I also presume that your LPCXpresso board worked correctly as delivered (with its original MCU)? Has it ever worked with the LPC1113 in place?

From the information you have provided, the LPC-Link appears to boot OK. thus the most likely cause of problems is that you have broken in some way the debug connection between the LPC-Link and the MCU. Note in particular that for debugging LPC11xx parts, RESET is required in addition to   SWDIO, CLK and GND.

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos