cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Installation problem LPCxpresso 7.6.2

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by davidluca3000 on Tue Feb 17 11:50:46 MST 2015
Hello,
Today I tried to upgrade from 7.5.0 to 7.6.2 with default options enabled but I got this error:
"Runtime Error (at 27:637):
SWbemObjectEx: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I don't know if this is related but the LPCLink on my LPCXpresso LPC11U14 board was working fine but now it stays in initialization until a timeout occurs:
"Initializing LPC-Link (WinUSB) or RDB-Link with LPCXpressoWIN.enc"
"Timeout waiting for LPC-Link (WinUSB) or RDB-Link to initialize (2). If this is the first use after installation, your drivers may not have finished loading, or, if you are running from a VM, you may need to force VM to reconnect the device.
Abort?"

If I press No then the box doesn't go away, but on Yes sometimes seems to load the code and start debug session or doesn't find LPC-Link at all and need to un-plug the device.
This initialization box was staying only for short time in 7.5.0. The projects were imported into a new workspace after installation of 7.6.2.

My PC is running Win8.1 without antivirus other than windows defender. I tried reinstalling but same behavior. What should I do to have it working correctly?
Best regards,
David.
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by doewie on Sat Jun 13 04:48:39 MST 2015
Ahh...., I missed the  mbsed serial port driver! Thxs, now debugging is fine.

Everything now seems to be OK, apart from the runtime error during installation, which is still there. I do have admin privileges. Additionally tried to install as administrator.
May be no big deal, but I feel more comfortable if we could find the reason for this error. The error pops up while installing the NXP LPC drivers.

Enclosed is the install.log file.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jun 11 09:31:27 MST 2015

Quote:
Runtime Error (at 27:637):
SWbemObjectEx: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

This error is normally caused by not having administrator privileges when installing. If that is not the problem, then please run the installer with the /log="install.log" option and post the generated log file.

Regarding the LPC800-Max board, you need to install the mbsed serial port driver, as described here:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/devboard/lpcxpresso-max-developer-boards
(about halfway through the document, under "Debugging")
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by doewie on Thu Jun 11 07:38:22 MST 2015
OK, I'm trying to install LPCXpresso 7.8.0 - 426 on a brandnew W 8.1 machine
Just before the end of the installation I get following error:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Runtime Error (at 27:637):
SWbemObjectEx: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After ignoring the error the installation ends and I can start LPCXpresso, but the CMSIS-DAP cannot be found on my LPC800-MAX board.

Furthermore I installed the lpc_driver_setup v2.0.2 and I upgraded the firmware on the board to latest version required for W8.1 (version 0203)

FYI: this whole setup is working fine on another machine (W7 Pro).

Thxs for support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jun 11 02:27:00 MST 2015
If you would like us to help you, please state EXACTLY the error you are receiving, and at what stage the error occurs.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by davidluca3000 on Thu Jun 11 02:24:42 MST 2015
Is this a trick question? Have you read the beginning of the post?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Jun 11 02:06:19 MST 2015
Which error?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by doewie on Thu Jun 11 01:32:43 MST 2015
Just installed latest LPCXpresso on my brandnew W8.1 laptop and have the same error during install.
Any ideas ??
0 Kudos