Cannot Start LPC-link (WinUSB) or RDB-Link (found 2)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Start LPC-link (WinUSB) or RDB-Link (found 2)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jonathanese on Wed Feb 11 11:19:36 MST 2015
I am using LPCXpresso 7.6.2 and I'm having the error stated above:

"Cannot Start LPC-link (WinUSB) or RDB-Link (found 2)"

Here's the thing, I'm only using one board: 1115 REV A

However, if I unplug the board and plug it into a different USB port, it basically finds the number of USB ports I've tried.

This means that whenever I unplug my board, it seems to think it is still there. Something doesn't "deinitialize" ("uninitialize"?) when I unplug the board from a port.

(Apparently there is no word meaning "the thing you do when something is trying to close. Like initialization, but it happens at the end and serves the exact opposite purpose." "Boot up" is to "Initialization" as "Shut down" is to "X")

Apparently rebooting doesn't fix the issue. I have to go into device manager, delete ALL my USB controllers, check for changes, and let it reinstall the USB controllers, in some cases this requires a restart. And that's something I have to do every time I plug in my board.

Anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Feb 12 04:30:54 MST 2015
Sorry, I have no idea. It sounds like a problem with your particular computer.

We have not seen any issue like this and we have not had any other reports. Please try on a different computer.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Jonathanese on Wed Feb 11 15:13:02 MST 2015
I'm running 8.1 x64.

I don't really have any USB problems except for this particular board/program.

Do you have any ideas where I could start looking? This is for school and I had my professor and 2 students looking into it.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Feb 11 12:23:09 MST 2015
Which operating system? Are you running a VM?

Never heard of anything like this, so it must be peculiar to your computer.
0 Kudos