cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xpresso usb

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LPCNX123 on Tue Jul 19 15:20:09 MST 2011
My friend said this.. but  I think I have damaged the xpresso when soldering headers on.. may need to get it refurbished I am base in the united kingdom tho..  am I doing this correct..  I made it even easier: the 1.5kOhm goes from the USB_DP line directly to Vdd, without the soft connect switch.  If you then boot the chip with P0.1 low and USB connected to the PC, it mounts as a volume and inside is the file: firmware.bin  You can then copy a new firmware into the chip and boot again, just like you do with your mbed ...  [IMG]http://mbed.org/media/uploads/mbed2f/photo0769.jpg[/IMG]   [IMG]http://mbed.org/media/uploads/mbed2f/photo0770.jpg[/IMG]
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Wed Jul 20 23:17:38 MST 2011
These boards are $30. It will cost more in shipping and labor to refurbish than it will to purchase a new board. i.e buy a new one.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LPCNX123 on Wed Jul 20 17:46:54 MST 2011

Quote: Serge
What is exactly your problem?
Is the USB not working?
Are you experienced with soldering?

I just want a returns address so I can get it refurbished.. It was my first time soldering headers on... and my local crappy maplins store does not stock low melting point solder on purpose.. SO yeah it is there fault. Maybe I should seek Compensation from then..   I have overheated the board and just melted some of the traces I think.. not sure it's not my job to put these lpcxpresso boards  togetheir.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by serge on Wed Jul 20 02:13:49 MST 2011
What is exactly your problem?
Is the USB not working?
Are you experienced with soldering?
0 Kudos