cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help to create my first project

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by belliliaymen on Tue Jul 05 05:40:43 MST 2011
hi,
I juste begin my first project with lpcxpresso and I would like to try an example on Target LPC1343.  please  I need  help (examples,tutorials,simple projects,....).
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Tue Jul 05 07:13:35 MST 2011
Nah,

Quote:

(hint) Read the Getting Started Guide

that's way too easy ...
why should you read the getting started manual when all you have to do after installation is remove the tickmark at "Open getting started manual" before pressing OK to prevent this from opening automagically :eek:

Even I, with over 20 years of embedded programming experience, have read the getting started manual. It is a very nice manual that guides you through your first steps with Eclipse and the interface towards the compiler and debugger tools.

Some tips for people who are just starting with embedded programming:

[LIST=1]
[*]Read the getting started manual (and follow the instructions to compile/download/run your first program)
[*]If you are unexperienced in C programming, go and buy/read a good book on C programming
[*]If you are unexperienced in embedded systems programming, go and buy/read a good book on embedded programming
[*]Pay some extra attention to the use of pointers in C. Pointers are key to get access to data that is placed at specific locations (like the registers of the peripherals)
[*]Download and read the user manual of your lpc1xxx chip.
This user manual contains almost all the information about the peripherals, specific registers in the peripherals and meaning of the bits in those registers.
[*]Try to understand what you did in steps 1 to 5 ... and start your own program by changing an existing one (that is the easy way)
[*]Now go ahead and try to create a program from scratch - although that's not completely 'from scratch' when you use the project wizard.
[*]If you fail step 7, go back and try to understand what you did in steps 1 .. 6
I mean that one should not revert to this forum when it still does not work after looking at a problem for 2 seconds :mad:
[/LIST]

Sorry, nothing personal but there are just too many questions on this forum asking how to create a project, how to program in C or how to reach a register in a uart or timer or any other peripheral.

Rob
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Jul 05 05:45:20 MST 2011
(hint) Read the Getting Started Guide that is provided with your product...
0 Kudos