Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set input of SCT (State Configurable Timer) using a register instead of a pin

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wlamers on Mon Jul 01 02:02:06 MST 2013
Hello All,

I have posted this questions also on the Lpcware forum, but since I use Red State from LPCXpresso I hope someone on this forum can help.

I have a NXP LPC4357 and would like to set the inputs of the SCT using code/registers.

From the manual it does not seem to be possible to set or clear the  inputs of the State Configurable Timer using a register. It can only be  done using physical pins it appears. I think it would be highly  benificial to set the inputs in the application code by setting a  register for example. The manual says that the SCT INPUT register in  read-only (p838, table 665). Is there another way to set the inputs?

I tried using the SPGIO3 and SGPIO12 inputs, routing them using the  GIMA to the SCT. While this works, it is still limited to 2 inputs.  Another side note with this is that SGPIO3 seems bo be high on reset,  which I find strange.

Bottom line: who knows a way to set the SCT inputs in code?
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wlamers on Mon Jul 01 11:28:50 MST 2013
Thanks Joe, this is working perfectly!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jjh on Mon Jul 01 07:18:25 MST 2013
Hi,

One way to get software controllable input for the SCT is to use any of the 16 output pins as inputs if you have any spare.

You can set the output pins through software by writing to LPC_SCT->OUT[pin_no]

Output pins can be used anywhere that input pins can be used for triggering events.

Cheers,

Joe
0 Kudos