Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart button disabled while debugging

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by extest on Sat Feb 07 00:52:27 MST 2015
I just updated to LPCXpresso v7.6.2 and now the "Restart" button is disabled while debugging.
Is there any way to get this working again? I used it all the time before to reset the running program.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanB on Thu Jul 16 10:07:36 MST 2015
I've happily been using my restart button until now, because I've only just upgraded (to solve the problem of being unable to program LPC1517 on v.7.3). Now I've got no restart button!
I note from the dates of the earlier posts that NXP has been working on this problem for almost five months without a resolution.
Is it REALLY that difficult? It used to work!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by chris_bayley_trimble on Wed Feb 25 20:16:51 MST 2015
Well I sure am looking forward to your resolution of this problem!

Is there any workaround we can use in the mean time which avoids a full refresh and relaunch ?

Cheers.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Mon Feb 16 02:47:07 MST 2015

Quote: lpcxpresso-support
The restart button is deliberately disabled for an attach-only debug session. It is a bug if it is enabled...

No, it's not disabled here (LPCXpresso v7.6.2 [Build 326] [2015-02-02]  / Win8.1)  :D

And with LPC1769 it's working as expected -> restarting  :O
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Feb 16 02:41:02 MST 2015
If you don't want to download your application, do not use "Attach only", just change "Load image" to false.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HaukeR on Mon Feb 16 02:25:15 MST 2015
And why is this so? I miss the functionality to restart the program without reflashing it when attatching.
May this be after variable manipulation on a running system or somehow bringing the system into a state which needs a clean restart.

So what is the Idea behind enabling this when having flashed the chip at the start of the debug session and disabling when only attatching?

Thanks for you advice :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Feb 16 01:31:20 MST 2015
The restart button is deliberately disabled for an attach-only debug session. It is a bug if it is enabled...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HaukeR on Mon Feb 16 00:57:12 MST 2015
Just hopping on this Thread:

I have this Problem when I use the "ATTATCH ONLY" option to hook directly on the running program. Sometimes the restart button is enabled after hitting pause, but this is not very often the case.

I think I had the problem with most of the versions of LPCXpresso, but it definitely is present in the version which I'm running currently (v7.5.0 [Build 254] [2014-10-31]). Platform is Windows 8.

Ask me if I can give more details if needed.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Feb 07 06:39:19 MST 2015
Are you running on Mac OS X? If so. maybe you missed the note towards the start of the readme displayed at the end of the install (or available in the ReadmeLPCXpresso.txt file within the product installation directory):

[list]
  [*]Debug restart disabled for Mac OS X due to an issue with GDB which is currently under investigation
[/list]

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos