cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpcxpresso 1769 +SDcard / +UART

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by glennliu on Sun Jul 07 20:17:59 MST 2013
Is there any projects that able to test and proof that my connection of my SDcard/UART to LPCxpresso 1769 is establish?

For SD card i connect the card to MOSI0, MISO0, SCK, SSEL0.

for UART i connect to TXD2(P0[10]) and RXD2(P0[11])

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Nov 26 01:49:47 MST 2014
Thanks for your feedback:

Quote:
> When you use more than 3 breakpoints or watchpoints, the debug session crashes or it doesn't start, even if the breakpoints are not enabled.

The number of breakpoints/watchpoints in Flash is determined by the target capabilities
Cortex-M0/M0+  - 4 breakpoints
Cortex-M3/M4   - 6 breakpoints
You can set any number of breakpoints in RAM.

When starting a debug session, the debugger attempts to set all breakpoints defined in the IDE. If this is more than the number allowed by the target, a fatal error will be reported and the debug session will stop.

Quote:
> Sometimes the IDE let you put some breakpoints but the program doesn't stop in that point.

If a breakpoint is not hit, it will be because the code is not executed.

Quote:
> The driver of the LPCXpresso crashes and you have to reset the board.

What do you mean by "the driver of the LPCXpresso crashes"? We do not know of any crashes. Please explain

Quote:
> When you are debbugging a program, the "step over" button sometimes jump to an unexpected position of the program, and then goes on.

This is almost certainly related to compiler optimization. Please see this FAQ:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/optimize-for-debug
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rouxfederico on Tue Nov 25 12:17:37 MST 2014
I'been using LPCXpresso from the version#3 to the lastest version. I see the following problems with the IDE with LPC1769 or LPC1115:

> When you use more than 3 breakpoints or watchpoints, the debug session crashes or it doesn't start, even if the breakpoints are not enabled.
> Sometimes the IDE let you put some breakpoints but the program doesn't stop in that point.
> The driver of the LPCXpresso crashes and you have to reset the board.
> When you are debbugging a program, the "step over" button sometimes jump to an unexpected position of the program, and then goes on.
There are more things, but these are the ones I remember now.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sun Nov 23 10:18:02 MST 2014
Please explain why you think the IDE is not stable. If nobody tells us what is wrong, we cannot hope to fix it.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by elektronchika on Sun Nov 23 09:25:16 MST 2014

Quote: rouxfederico
There are not examples for 1769 using LPCOpen. The support is very poor. And the IDE is not stable

I do agree with this!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rouxfederico on Mon Aug 25 19:52:00 MST 2014
There are not examples for 1769 using LPCOpen. The support is very poor. And the IDE is not stable
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Jul 09 23:52:14 MST 2013
LPCXpresso IDE ships with examples for Code Red's RDB1768 board. This includes both UART and SD example code. You could start off looking at those.

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos