lpcware

Cannot launch demo: no LPC link, cannot change MCU

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by josve on Sun Jul 29 09:50:18 MST 2012
Hi, I'm new on this platform, and cannot get started....
I have just acquired an LPCXpresso LPC1769 (rev B) board, and an Embedded Artist "LPCXpresso Base Board".
I am running Windows-7 64-bit, and installed LPCXpresso_4.2.3_292.exe.
I also downloaded the examples as 'lpc17xx_xpr_bb_120314.zip'.
As first attempt, I am trying to launch the 'disp7seg_rotary' demo example. I am powering the base-board through a USB charger to a mini-USB connector. This gives some lights at the baseboard (green led, 7-segment, rgb-led), as well as a heart-beat led at the MCU board.

I connect my PC with a second USB cable to the LPC1769 MCU board.
The Windows device manager shows that a 'HID-compliant device' gets added.

The project builds correctly, no errors.
However, when I click 'debug' I receive an error message:
Command failed: target extended-remote | crt_emu_cm3_nxp -g -mi -2 -p LPC1768 ...
Clicking on 'details' on this message, says java.lang.NullPointerException...

I notice in that message, as well as in the bottom of the Eclipse screen, it says '1768', whereas I have a '1769'. I :confused:doubt whether that can cause a failure in setting up the link, but let me try to correct the MCU setting.
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem possible: If I <cntl>-click on this number in the low-right of my screen, I receive an errormessage: "Could not accept changes" "The currently displayed page contains invalid values". Similar if I click on the MCU symbol in the top bar.
In the latter case, a window opens 'Properties for disp7seg_rotary' where the 'MCU settings' shows an empty pane.

Can anybody help me to get started?
Thanks!

Outcomes