cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LPC-Link: wire-error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by maxve2011 on Mon Jul 11 07:59:30 MST 2011
[FONT=Courier New]Hello all,[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
My problem is as follows:
I have a LPCXpresso board with the LPC1227-48 pins MCU. I use the LPCXpresso-IDE V4.05_123.
I re-arranged the SWDIO and SWCLK functions to the alternate pins PIO1_2 and PIO0_18. Next I changed the header J4-3 and J4-5 connections to connect with the alternate pins as mentioned in the datasheet of the LPC122x.
When I want to download and debug the program the LPC-Link starts after a minute or so (why is that taking so long?), and then it comes with an error message: "Failed on to connect. No ACK from debug: Ee(07), wire-error."

I have tried to get into ISP-mode by putting the ISP-pin PIO0_12 low after reset, but that doesn't remove the error.
What can I do to make LPC-Link download the program into flash??
Any help I will appreciate!
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sat Jan 28 02:55:29 MST 2012
Did you switch on Vector catch?

Did you boot in ISP already?

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by boltnut on Sat Jan 28 01:28:32 MST 2012

Quote: maxve2011
[FONT=Courier New]Hello all,[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
My problem is as follows:
I have a LPCXpresso board with the LPC1227-48 pins MCU. I use the LPCXpresso-IDE V4.05_123.
I re-arranged the SWDIO and SWCLK functions to the alternate pins PIO1_2 and PIO0_18. Next I changed the header J4-3 and J4-5 connections to connect with the alternate pins as mentioned in the datasheet of the LPC122x.
When I want to download and debug the program the LPC-Link starts after a minute or so (why is that taking so long?), and then it comes with an error message: "Failed on to connect. No ACK from debug: Ee(07), wire-error."

I have tried to get into ISP-mode by putting the ISP-pin PIO0_12 low after reset, but that doesn't remove the error.
What can I do to make LPC-Link download the program into flash??
Any help I will appreciate!

Dear Sir,

I encountered the same issue with you. May I know how to
fix it ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon Jul 11 08:33:04 MST 2011
Not familiar with this chip, so just a few notes:

1. If you switch to ISP -NOTHING- :eek: of your code is executed, so SWD connection is original again.

2. Flashing your new SWD connection for the first time can only be done with the original SWD connection.

3. Debugger stops execution at initial breakpoint (=main). See

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/InitialBP?highlight=%28break%29

So it could be a good idea to change this breakpoint or to change your SWD connection before.
0 Kudos