cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target error from Commit Flash

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tonibeleta on Tue Jul 31 05:36:31 MST 2012
Using LPCXpresso v4.2.0:264 everything is ok.
Same machine, same target, same tools, using v4.2.3_292 I get:
15: Target error from Commit Flash write
  Bad ACK returned from status - wire error.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dpa on Tue Aug 07 23:17:20 MST 2012
Just last night I had this problem - tried to reprogram the PLL, ended up with board that gave:

Tried the Vector Catch option in the article suggested by Zero. Clearly my board fell into the ' image contains code that sets the MCU clocks up "incorrectly"' category. I believe vector catch means the debugger traps the target on the ARM hardware vectors (specifically Reset in this case), which stops the ARM executing the bad clock code. Then you can re-preprogram the flash. Board now working.

Funnily enough, before that, I tried another board, and got the "Bad ACK returned from status - wire error." message. This is what it sez... I replaced the loom that connects the LPC-Link board to the target, and that problem was solved, too.

Hope that helps?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Thu Aug 02 01:08:06 MST 2012
Which target? Is it a custom board?
Which host OS? version an patch level

Do you have 4.2.0 and 4.2.3 both installed (just install in two different directories)? If so, try 4.2.0 and then 4.2.3 and tell us what happens.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Thu Aug 02 01:05:26 MST 2012
Did you try vector catch and ISP already?

See: http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip

Without more information about your OS and board it's difficult to suggest anything :rolleyes:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tonibeleta on Thu Aug 02 00:06:55 MST 2012
thanks for the suggestion but same behaviour
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Europe on Tue Jul 31 13:09:12 MST 2012
Hi tonibeleta,

Try to restart your system and see what happens.
0 Kudos