cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-LInk2 Linux

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by silentchris on Tue Jul 02 07:23:39 MST 2013
Hey all together,

i have some trouble with the LPC-Link2 and the AOAA-Kit.
Installation of the LPCexpresso IDE and the build of the sources was no problem.
But now i would flash the binary over the LPC-Link2 and there it stuck.
The IDE say's:

zit:"No compatible emulators available.
They may be disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target"

Ok but i think it has found the LPC-Link2 then after this message the LPC-Link2 has changed.

The Product and Vendor id has changed
Bus 002 Device 017: ID 1fc9:000c NXP Semiconductors
to:
Bus 002 Device 016: ID 21bd:0006

Is there anything special that i must make on linux?

(Same hardware works on Windows properly but i don't like to work with it)

Excuse for the bad englisch i'm doesn't speak english native.

With best regards
Christian E
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Grunthor on Fri Nov 08 07:23:53 MST 2013
I figured out this a couple minutes ago....
I know that it's not your buisness but I tried it on CooCox IDE with their USB drivers and I got: CooCOxIDE.png.
I checked  2 cables and all 3 USB ports 2.0 in my notebook.

If you've got some idea or hints I'll be gratefull
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Nov 08 06:38:21 MST 2013
Your screenshot shows CooCox CoLink - this is NOT LPC-Link2 and it is not supported in LPCXpresso.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Grunthor on Fri Nov 08 05:56:57 MST 2013
I read this thread and I did everything what you said there but still doesn't work.
I think it's a problem with the driver becouse it is not installed. I installed the driver but still shows me no driver.
Any ideas ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Nov 08 01:40:07 MST 2013
Please take a look at this thread:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/does-lpc-link2-work-you-please-show-your-swhw-configuration
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Grunthor on Thu Nov 07 13:49:01 MST 2013
Hi
I have almost the same problem. I try to import some example project LPC11C24. Than I built it and everything is ok. After I try debug and:
"No compatible emulators available.
They may be disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target"
I don;t know what's going wrong.

My operation system: Windows Pro x86
LPCXpresso v6.1.0_164

PS: When I plug in usb, my system says me that can't find drivers for this device...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Jul 02 08:42:54 MST 2013
I'm sorry, but we do not have Debian available and it is not one of our supported distros.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by silentchris on Tue Jul 02 07:45:24 MST 2013
I'm use Debian jessie with a new 3.10 Kernel.

The version of the IDE is:
"Version: LPCXpresso v5.2.4 [Build 2122] [2013-04-29]"
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Jul 02 07:37:54 MST 2013
Works here (Ubuntu 12), using latest release of LPCXpresso (5.2.4)

Which distro/version of Linux are you running (note that we only directly support Ubuntu, and Fedora)? Which version of LPCXpresso?

Note: LPCXpresso loads the firmware into LPC-Link2. On power-up, it reports as a bootable device, and after booting, reports as an LPC-Link 2 device with a different vid/pid, so what you are seeing is normal.
0 Kudos