Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link Time out

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by annexe on Mon Nov 21 12:51:27 MST 2011
Hi,
I have a problem with my LPC1769. Every time I try to load an example code, the LPC Link quits with a time out error. The error remains even if the device is connected to another USB port. Only LED2 is glowing lightly.
A search on the forum did not reveal anything.
I use LPCXpresso v4.0.6 on an natively installed Windows 7 x64. What can I do to get my LPC running?

Thank you in advance for your help!

(I attached the command window output of the LPCLink Diagnostics and the log file of the IDE)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by annexe on Sun Nov 27 11:44:01 MST 2011
Thank you for the explanation. And thank you both very much! This solved my problem entirely.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sun Nov 27 11:21:45 MST 2011
To avoid problems with wrong code or checksum or CRP it's always a good idea to delete your flash :rolleyes:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by annexe on Sun Nov 27 10:50:44 MST 2011
What do you mean? And what did you do?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Mario on Wed Nov 23 20:10:19 MST 2011
Mass Erase Your Processor!
It Worked For Me
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Nov 23 01:33:12 MST 2011
It's unclear from these posts whether you suspect the problem with  Huawei 3G is related to the DFUAPP executable (downloads the LPC-Link  software probe), or with LPC-Link itself. Earlier, it appeared the  DFUAPP executable was the problem. However, if you suspect the LPC-Link,  you have the option to use either a HID or WinUSB software probe.

You  can either change the probe setting in Windows -> Preferences ->  LPCXpresso -> Debug Emulator, or experiment with the bootLPCXpresso  script in '<install>\lpcxpresso\bin\Scripts' to install HID or  WinUSB probes to help narrow this down.

Regards,

CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by annexe on Tue Nov 22 13:52:08 MST 2011
I can rule this out, since it behaves identically when attached to an active USB hub. But I think I have found the culprit now. The LPC Link driver seems to interfere with my integrated Huawei 3G module or vice versa. As long as I keep it instantly disabled after booting the laptop, there are no proplems with flashing the device. Once it is enabled, only a reboot was helping.
Are there any suggestions how to solve this issue? (Other than simply keep it disabled... )
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Nov 22 13:23:22 MST 2011
Sounds like your laptop is unable to supply enough power to all the devices at the same time - a very common problem with laptops
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by annexe on Tue Nov 22 13:15:33 MST 2011
Now I got it working - for few second. As i tried to reproduce it, the error kept going.
I detached every device from my laptop. Only the LPC was still connected and rebooted. Then the IDE somehow managed to initialise the Link. Once I reconnected the other USB devices the communication failed again with LED1 shining this time.
But after another reboot the situation was the old one. Seems somehow strange to me...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Nov 22 13:10:14 MST 2011
My guess is that you have a broken board. That is the only thing that would explain the problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by annexe on Tue Nov 22 12:40:39 MST 2011
I installed every driver that was asked permission for during the installation of the LPCXpresso suit. How can I check if this was successfull? When I try to load something without the board connected there does not appear the LPC Link waitbar.
I tried different ports and cables again - with and without hub - no visible changes. Additionally I removed any other USB devices, as this helped some one else, but the time out still appears... :(
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Nov 22 12:04:09 MST 2011
Did you install the LPC-Link drivers? Have you tried a differnet USB port? Have you tried a different USB cable?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by annexe on Tue Nov 22 11:27:58 MST 2011
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the problem remains unchanged. I changed the values up to 2s boot delay and 120s settle time without any result. Is there anything else to do?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Nov 21 15:14:20 MST 2011
The DFU boot of the LPC-Link software probe didn't complete. Cycle power, then use the pulldown menu to navigate to the Windows -> Preferences -> LPCXpresso -> Debug Emulator dialog. Expand the LPC-Link DFU timeout values, and retry.

Regards,

CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos