Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power-up issues with LPC1549 Xpresso V2

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kbowers on Fri Aug 15 11:46:33 MST 2014
I am using the LPC1549 Xpresso V2 board with LPCOpen V2.08.  I have no issues using the board on its own but when I plug it into my application specific board, the device does not boot up.  I noticed in LPCOpen it configures specific pins for use with the motor control board which on my board, need to be different functions.  In all cases, the conflicts are the LPCOpen functions are changing these to digital IO whereas my application requires them to be analog.

Could this be causing the device to hang up during system initialization?  If so, can I just change the lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1549 board_sysinit.c file to set those pins up as analog or do I need to create a new board target library?

Alternatively, can I just use the lpc_chip_15xx library to set up the board which leaves the IOCON settings unchanged?

I did find that if I power up the LPC1549 Xpresso board and then plug it into my board it runs fine.  If I have to reset it or reprogram it, I need to disconnect it and run it on its own and then plug it back in to get it to work.
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Fri Aug 15 12:11:19 MST 2014

Quote: kbowers
If so, can I just change the lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1549 board_sysinit.c file to set those pins up as analog or do I need to create a new board target library?

Would suggest to make a copy of lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1549, comment out IOCON settings in board_sysinit.c and change include / library project settings (or just create a new LPCOpen project and select the new board library)...

That's avoiding confusion if you want to use original samples later  :)
0 Kudos