Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1788 Code Read Protection CRP1

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mylogic on Tue Dec 11 07:40:08 MST 2012
LPC1788

I have access the MCU using only SWD pins (No ISP accsess) because of the BGA package.  I would like to enable the code read protection level 1 (CRP1) and download the firmware. However, CRP1 disables the SWD. Can I complete the first (one shot) firmware (CRP1 enabled) download using SWD? In the crp.h it says "You will need UART connectivity and FlashMagic (flashmagictool.com) to reverse this. Don't even try this without these tools; most likely the SWD flash programming will not even complete".

I need an urgent help.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kendwyer on Tue Dec 11 16:45:16 MST 2012
Hi,
You can program the part with CRP1 enabled in the Application image. It will only take effect after a reset of the part.
Since you stated you do not have the ISP available you should consider implementing a backdoor where your application code can re-invoke ISP based on some event you define and then erase all sectors. See the following AN that details this: http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/an10851-crp-example-source-code
0 Kudos