cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSIS Library Versions and Updates

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by d230393@rtrtr.com11 on Tue Dec 04 03:23:06 MST 2012
Just starting to compile a few self made project using various LPC types.
Trying to use the CMSIS librarys so a lot of code is available and tested.
But i find varius version of the CMSIS libs and i don't know where i should download the newest an where to report the BUGs.
example: NXP site:
LPC18xx:
- CMSIS Library for LPC18xx V2 (Jun 2, 2011) [IMG]http://ics.nxp.com/images/pd-new.gif[/IMG]
- included in LPC Xpresso: CMSISv2p10_LPC18xx_DriverLib.zip !! V2.10

LPC177x & LPC178x:
CMSIS Library for 178x/177x V2 (Jun 16, 2011)
trying to use the very first include+source (RTC) reveals a load of bugs (one error example):

/** Minimum value of month*/
#define RTC_MONTH_MIN  1
/** Maximum value of month*/
#define RTC_MONTH_MAX  12
  if((TimeValue <= RTC_MONTH_MIN)|(TimeValue >= RTC_MONTH_MAX))
   while(1); //error loop
  RTCx->MONTH = TimeValue & RTC_MONTH_MASK;

warning example (if you define unsigned use unsigned):
uint32_t tnum = -1;

Shouldn't the code just work without having to look inside every source to see if they contain errors and if the warnings are serious?
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wells on Wed Dec 05 13:42:10 MST 2012
<while (1);
I agree these are issues. Since you are using the 18xx device, you can switch to the LPCOpen platform code which has many improvements and updates over the current CMSIS bundle drivers including no dead-end loops like this on an error.

The LPCOpen code is a work in progress, but is pretty good (and mostly complete) for the 18xx/43xx devices. Some drivers still need work, but they do work now to at least the level of the CMSIS bundle code.

Specially, for the RTC driver, input values like this are enumerated and checked at build-time vs run-time (plus the driver is about 1/3 of the size in the CMSIS bundle).

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpcopen-platform-nxp-lpc-microcontrollers

I hope this helps,
Kevin
0 Kudos