lpcware

Creating an LPCXpresso project with existing src files

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ktownsend on Sat Dec 04 03:38:42 MST 2010
I'd like to create an LPCXpresso project for a library that I've been working on for the LPC1343 and LPC1114 to allow people to debug the code in LPCXpresso as well (along with the current Crossworks and CodeLite project files). Unfortunately, not being all that familiar with lpcxpresso I haven't had any luck getting it to work with the directory structure I need to use.

I have the following structure:

<projectroot>
/build
   /codelite
   /crossworks
   /lpcxpresso
/core
   /adc
   /cpu
   /gpio
   ... etc. ...
/drivers
   /eeprom
   /sensors
   ... etc. ...
/lpc1xxx
common files in the root folder (main.c, projectconfig.h, etc.)

Is it possible to create a simple project file in lpcxpresso that points to a relative path two levels higher? For example, if my project files are stored in: <projroot>/build/lpcxpresso, all the actuals C files are in the path '../..' relative to the lpcxpresso project dir. I don't want to have to import everything into the lpcxpresso folder or to have the lpcxpresso project files in root since not everyone uses the same tools/IDE.

For reference sake, the code can be seen here if anyone has some suggestions on creaitng a project file: http://code.google.com/p/lpc1343codebase/downloads/list

Outcomes