Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor quibble!

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Fri Nov 19 16:42:05 MST 2010
I would like to request a more informative error message when the part type detected does not match the part type configured in LPCExpresso.

I have a target that uses LPC1114/301 parts. I have the IDE configured for LPC1114/301. All is well.

However some boards got made with LPC1113/301 chips. This would be OK because my code will fit OK. When I tried to connect to these boards I get an "Invalid, mismatched, of unknown part" message. While this is correct, I would like a "Hey dummy: your part is a LPC1113/301 but LPCExpresso is configured for a LPC1114/301" message. I spent a few days on this, I feel like a dummy.

The IDE knows all this information, it would be great if the message could be more informative!

Rant off,
Pete.

Original Attachment has been moved to: 1100853_New%20ZipCentral%20File.zip

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micrio on Sat Nov 27 20:35:36 MST 2010
I am running the latest version 3.5.6. My point is that while the message did give me an indication of the problem, it was too vague. I have had messages that resulted from when I set the security fuse. Those I understand. This message had me looking at that possibility for a while. A more descriptive message could have saved me the time.

Of course this is more a gripe about my not seeing the problem faster than a real complaint. That is why it is a "minor quibble".

Thanks,
Pete.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Nov 22 11:52:22 MST 2010
What version of LPCXpresso are you running? Recent versions display more details of this error in the MCU Debug log in the console view, which tell you what part the debugger is expecting to find on the target. The part that is expected is also displayed in the bottom right of the IDE in the status bar.

Hopefully this ought to be enough information for you to compare with the part on your actual board (which ought to have the part name printed on top of it), and hence for you to fix your project.

By the way, there is an FAQ on this error....
http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/InvalidPart

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos