cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: USB bootloader

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Tue Nov 09 15:50:51 MST 2010
Hello,

Apparently,  I damaged my first LPC1342, by a false contact in the lines of  programming (SWDIO, SWCLK), but I found that I can enter ISP mode, and tried  unsuccessfully to load a program (USB bootloader).

Quote:
Performing post-build steps
arm-none-eabi-size LPCXpresso1343_blinky.axf; arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O  binary LPCXpresso1343_blinky.axf LPCXpresso1343_blinky.bin; checksum  LPCXpresso1343_blinky.bin;

I renamed the file to "firmware.bin", and copied to the microcontroller.

I tried my trusty LPCXpresso LPC1343 board, and the result is the same. [B]Apparently the program is invalid.[/B]

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much for any help!
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed Nov 10 10:29:52 MST 2010
Good and bad news.

USB-Bootloader not working on Linux (drag and drop). I used Windows, and the program worked well and I can use LPC-Link. My microcontroller is alive!

Note: the binary can have any name and not necessarily "firmware.bin."
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed Nov 10 06:59:30 MST 2010
I fixed the link to my page, so you try the binary using the USB-Bootloader. If someone (preferably CodeRed/NXP) can put a binary that works would be very helpful to me.
0 Kudos