lpcware

Debug is OK,  Release

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeHalo on Mon Nov 15 15:33:39 MST 2010
Hopefully a simple one for someone to answer, but I'm stumped!

Using the 1768 xpresso board, I have been running in debug configuration for a while and all is fine.

I'm now (unsucessfully) trying to use the CAN port, and I think one problem I have might be the clock speeds, so I change the PLL0CFG_Val and CCLKCFG_Val (I'm using CMSIS), but the clock value doesn't change.

I then think that this may be because I'm in debug mode (where a crystal clock doesn't mean much when single-stepping), so I right-click on the project and choose 'build configurations -> set active -> release'.

When I build the project now, I get the following error from the linker:

[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"" -Xlinker -Map=Mike1768CAN.map -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -T "Mike1768CAN_Release.ld" -o"Mike1768CAN.axf"  ./src/IRQ.o ./src/VSM.o ./src/can.o ./src/cr_startup_lpc17.o ./src/main.o   -lCMSISv1p30_LPC17xx
c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_3.5/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.3.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lCMSISv1p30_LPC17xx
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: unrecognized option '-Map=Mike1768CAN.map'
make: *** [Mike1768CAN.axf] Error 1[/FONT][/SIZE]

What am I missing? The [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]CMSISv1p30_LPC17xx [/FONT][/SIZE]file is where it's always been ;-)
How can the same code compile, link, download and run in 'debug' configuration but not in 'release'?

Any help at all would be appreciated.
Mike

Outcomes