cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc link driver install problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Fri Feb 05 13:23:14 MST 2010
Hi

first I tried with usb hub, but then reading that usb hubs are not supported so trying without hub, with little more luck, the driver install doesnt freeze any more, but it doesnt complete succesfully either.

I am using WinXP, what todo to make the LPC-link driver to install properly?

I have both LPC1114 as LPC1343 Xpresso boards
0 Kudos
14 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ardia on Fri Mar 19 13:28:35 MST 2010
... and here how it is reported when there is an exclamation mark on the device manager::
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ardia on Fri Mar 19 13:24:00 MST 2010
I'm experiencing the same problem. When I try to go to the debugger, I get the "new hardware found" message, the drive box pops up requesting to install drivers, it copies a couple of files, then it end with "Cannot install this hardware" window. The LPC Debug Probe 1.1 is listed in Device Manager, but with an exclamation mark. It works when I select HID from LPCXpresso->Window->Preferences->Debug.

I'm using WinXP. and here is the log files:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Sat Feb 06 09:39:50 MST 2010

Quote: CodeRedSupport
Great.

We will continue to investigate the driver problem.

Can you tell me which service pack of XP you are running and which language?

Thanks

maybe estonian, not sure
service packs should be the latest installed
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Feb 06 09:38:44 MST 2010
Great.

We will continue to investigate the driver problem.

Can you tell me which service pack of XP you are running and which language?

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Sat Feb 06 09:33:35 MST 2010

Hi,

We are not sure what is causing this error. In the meantime, you can switch that driver that is being used.

Windows->Preferences
LPCXpresso
Debug
Ensure the "Initialise LPC-Link as HID" checkbox is checked
OK

Now unplug and re-instert your LPCXpresso board and try to debug again.

in HID mode it worked!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Feb 06 09:29:45 MST 2010
Hi,

We are not sure what is causing this error. In the meantime, you can switch that driver that is being used.

Windows->Preferences
LPCXpresso
Debug
Ensure the "Initialise LPC-Link as HID" checkbox is checked
OK

Now unplug and re-instert your LPCXpresso board and try to debug again.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Sat Feb 06 06:18:39 MST 2010

Can you attach your setupapi log file?

c:\windows\setupapi.log

This will help us diagnose the problem.

[2010/02/06 15:05:21 11672.3503]
#-198 Command line processed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe" C:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc /s
#I060 Set selected driver.
#-019 Searching for hardware ID(s): usb\vid_1fc9&pid_0009&rev_0100,usb\vid_1fc9&pid_0009
#-018 Searching for compatible ID(s): usb\class_ff&subclass_00&prot_00,usb\class_ff&subclass_00,usb\class_ff
#I022 Found "USB\VID_1FC9&PID_0009" in C:\WINDOWS\inf\oem11.inf; Device: "LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1"; Driver: "LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1"; Provider: "Code Red Technologies"; Mfg: "Code Red Technologies"; Section name: "USB_Install".
#I087 Driver node not trusted, rank changed from 0x00000001 to 0x00008001.
#I023 Actual install section: [USB_Install]. Rank: 0x00008001. Effective driver date: 08/06/2009.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_SELECTBESTCOMPATDRV.
#I063 Selected driver installs from section [USB_Install] in "c:\windows\inf\oem11.inf".
#I320 Class GUID of device remains: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}.
#I060 Set selected driver.
#I058 Selected best compatible driver.
#-124 Doing copy-only install of "USB\VID_1FC9&PID_0009\T1S6RGRIA".
#W334 Failed to verify catalog when scanning file queue. Error 1168: Element not found.
#E366 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\windows\inf\oem11.inf" for driver "LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1" will be installed (Policy=Warn, user said ok). Error 1168: Element not found.
#W187 Install failed, attempting to restore original files.
#E362 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "c:\windows\inf\oem11.inf" for driver "LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1" will be installed (Policy=Warn). Error 1168: Element not found.
#-024 Copying file "C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2\Drivers\LPC-Link\x86\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll".
#E362 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2\Drivers\LPC-Link\x86\WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll" for driver "LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1" will be installed (Policy=Warn). Error 1168: Element not found.
#-336 Copying file "C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2\Drivers\LPC-Link\x86\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SETBDE.tmp".
#E362 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2\Drivers\LPC-Link\x86\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll" for driver "LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1" will be installed (Policy=Warn). Error 1168: Element not found.
#-336 Copying file "C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2\Drivers\LPC-Link\x86\WUDFUpdate_01009.dll" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WUDFUpdate_01009.dll" via temporary file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SETBE0.tmp".
#E362 An unsigned or incorrectly signed file "C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2\Drivers\LPC-Link\x86\WUDFUpdate_01009.dll" for driver "LPC-Link Debug Probe v1.1" will be installed (Policy=Warn). Error 1168: Element not found.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_REGISTER_COINSTALLERS.
#I056 Coinstallers registered.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLINTERFACES.
#-011 Installing section [USB_Install.Interfaces] from "c:\windows\inf\oem11.inf".
#I054 Interfaces installed.
#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLDEVICE.
#E151 Coinstaller 1 of 3 failed. Error 61957: Unknown Error.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Feb 06 06:16:57 MST 2010
Can you attach your setupapi log file?

c:\windows\setupapi.log

This will help us diagnose the problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Sat Feb 06 06:10:18 MST 2010

If Device Manager reports that the driver is in error, could you try re-installing the driver?

The driver location is Drivers/LPC-Link

tried that
the device files are copied over
then the install dialog says error..
and the driver files are shown as not loaded
and nothing works
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Feb 06 06:04:23 MST 2010
If Device Manager reports that the driver is in error, could you try re-installing the driver?

The driver location is Drivers/LPC-Link
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Sat Feb 06 05:17:21 MST 2010

Hello,

This shows that the firmware loaded correctly, but the LPXCpresso IDE has not detected that the LPC-Link has booted. This could be because the IDE is timing out before the Windows has loaded the drivers.

Can you tell me which OS you are running (XP/Vista/Win7)? Also, are you running on a VM?

After you get this message, can you look at the Device Manager:
If you are running WindowsXP, you should see a USB device called "LPC-Link Debug Probe"
If you are running Window Vista/Win7, you will see an additional HID Device.

If these apeear, try Debugging your application again.

Thanks

I did say in first post that I am using WinXP
and no, i am not running in VM but plain normal WinXP

there LPC-link entry DOES appear in device manager but
it is flagged as having error and the lpc-link drivers are not loaded

i told that already..

"LPC-Link Debug Probe"
this DOES appear, but it is is not enabled as actual drivers
do not get loaded
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Feb 06 05:13:05 MST 2010
Hello,

This shows that the firmware loaded correctly, but the LPXCpresso IDE has not detected that the LPC-Link has booted. This could be because the IDE is timing out before the Windows has loaded the drivers.

Can you tell me which OS you are running (XP/Vista/Win7)? Also, are you running on a VM?

After you get this message, can you look at the Device Manager:
If you are running WindowsXP, you should see a USB device called "LPC-Link Debug Probe"
If you are running Window Vista/Win7, you will see an additional HID Device.

If these apeear, try Debugging your application again.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Sat Feb 06 00:35:07 MST 2010

Hi,

Sorry for the problems you are having, but we need a little more information to try and determine what is going wrong.

Are you using the latest version - v3.2.3?

Can you tell me exactly what is happening (or not happening)?

When you say the 'driver install is freezing' what do you mean? Is this the Windows driver install or the "LPC-Link initialising" doesn't finish? If the latter, there should be an option to show a log file. Please post it.

Thanks

3.2.3 yes

when pluggin lpc1114 xpresso the DFU drivers install OK
device manager show driver status install, OK

when trying to debug blinky1114 then lpc-link device is detected
new hardware driver install starts, file driver copy is done to the
then last dialog says there was problem installing and device manager
shows LPC-LINK device in usb list but no drivers installed

log file:
*** DFU LOG FILE ***
Creation Time : C:\DOCUME~1\Antti\LOCALS~1\Temp\dfuApp8336195073685638437.log

Open Device
Get Device Descriptor successful
Get Configuration Descriptor successful
DFU Get Status successful
---> DFUStatus: No error condition present.
---> DFUState: Device is operating in the DFU mode and is waiting for requests.

Device Descriptor
bLength: 0x12
bDescriptorType: 0x01
bcdUSB: 0x0200
bDeviceClass: 0x00
bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
bDeviceProtocol: 0x00
bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40
idVendor: 0x0471
idProduct: 0xdf55
bcdDevice: 0x0001
iManufacturer: 0x00
iProduct: 0x00
iSerialNumber: 0x00
bNumConfigurations: 0x01

DFU Get State successful
---> DFUState: Device is operating in the DFU mode and is waiting for requests.
Download Block Nb 0 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
---> DFUState: Device has received a block and is waiting for the host to solicit the status via DFU_GETSTATUS.
---> DFUState: Device is processing a download operation. Expecting DFU_DNLOAD requests.
Download Block Nb 1 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
---> DFUState: Device has received a block and is waiting for the host to solicit the status via DFU_GETSTATUS.
---> DFUState: Device is processing a download operation. Expecting DFU_DNLOAD requests.
Download Block Nb 2 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 3 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 4 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 5 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 6 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 7 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 8 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 9 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 10 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 11 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 12 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 13 (2048 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 14 (1032 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
Download Block Nb 15 (0 Bytes)
DFU Get State successful
---> DFUState: Device has received the final block of firmware from the host and is waiting for receipt of DFU_GETSTATUS to begin the Manifestation phase; or device has completed the Manifestation phase and is waiting for receipt of DFU_GETSTATUS. (Devices that can enter this state after the Manifestation phase set bmAttributes bit bitManifestationTolerant to 1.)
---> DFUState: Device has programmed its memories and is waiting for a USB reset or a power on reset. (Devices that must enter this state clear bitManifestationTolerant to 0.)
Device Reset after Download successful
Close Device

*** END OF FILE ***
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Fri Feb 05 13:47:28 MST 2010
Hi,

Sorry for the problems you are having, but we need a little more information to try and determine what is going wrong.

Are you using the latest version - v3.2.3?

Can you tell me exactly what is happening (or not happening)?

When you say the 'driver install is freezing' what do you mean? Is this the Windows driver install or the "LPC-Link initialising" doesn't finish? If the latter, there should be an option to show a log file. Please post it.

Thanks
0 Kudos