LPCXpresso: 03: Failed on chip setup: Et: Flash driver not ready.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso: 03: Failed on chip setup: Et: Flash driver not ready.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mturpin on Tue Feb 09 13:17:50 MST 2010
Hello All!

I was using the LPCXpresso board and after testing some programs (Blinky, etc) I separated the LPC-Link board and tried to debug a program on my own (LPC1768) target board through the JTAG interface. 

It worked once with the RDB1768_LedFlash.  The second time I tried I got the "03: Failed on chip setup: Et: Flash driver not ready."  Now it is the same thing every time I try to start debugging.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Feb 10 11:38:31 MST 2010
If this situation occurs in the future, first try setting the "Vector catch" option to 'True' in the project Debug Configuration before starting your debug session:

Run -> Debug Configurations -> C/C++ MCU Application

Open your project configuration, and find the "Vector catch" Configuration Option in the Debugger Tab.

Regards,

CodeRedSupport

Quote: mturpin
I am using a target board I designed.  I was hoping the example code was simple enough that it would work. I was wrong.

I created a "Hello World!" project for the LPC1768 and am able to debug.

One note, I did have to connect to the part with FlashMagic and erase the flash before it would allow me to debug.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mturpin on Wed Feb 10 10:38:32 MST 2010
I am using a target board I designed.  I was hoping the example code was simple enough that it would work. I was wrong.

I created a "Hello World!" project for the LPC1768 and am able to debug.

One note, I did have to connect to the part with FlashMagic and erase the flash before it would allow me to debug.

Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Feb 10 01:46:31 MST 2010
You didn't mention which LPC1768 board you attempted to load the RDB1768_LedFlash project to. The LedFlash application was created for the Code Red RDB1768 evaluation board.

With regard to the error message, the initialization seems to have proceeded to the point the DpID/CPUID/ROM table were validated, the part has halted,  and we can connect to the AP bus.

The operation which generates the error message is an attempt by the debug driver to download an IAP interface routine to read out the Part ID. The driver interface has failed to initialize. Did you modify any part of the LedFlash application, the clock/PLL setup in particular?

Regards,

CodeRedSupport

Quote: mturpin
Hello All!

I was using the LPCXpresso board and after testing some programs (Blinky, etc) I separated the LPC-Link board and tried to debug a program on my own (LPC1768) target board through the JTAG interface. 

It worked once with the RDB1768_LedFlash.  The second time I tried I got the "03: Failed on chip setup: Et: Flash driver not ready."  Now it is the same thing every time I try to start debugging.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos