Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso will not activate on Ubuntu 13.04

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justyn on Fri Apr 26 06:48:56 MST 2013
Hello,

When I enter the activation code after submitting my serial number, I get the message "No license to activate".

This in both versions 5.2.2 and 5.1.2 on 64-bit Ubuntu 13.04.

There were no problems on Ubuntu 12.10.

Any ideas? A workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justyn on Thu May 09 06:23:11 MST 2013
Stop press! It's activated.

I don't know exactly what happened, but I installed the latest updates for the Ubuntu release and kept trying to activate.

A little note to others trying different versions of LPCXpresso or uninstalling and reinstalling it in this kind of situation is that it won't activate until you have asked it to generate a serial number - even if you already have that identical serial number and corresponding identical activation code from a different/previous installation of the software on your system. You can't just enter the activation code straight away.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justyn on Thu May 09 06:06:34 MST 2013
I still can't get it to activate under my 13.04 installation.

No matter what version, I always get the message "No license to activate" when I enter the activation code.

Both ia32-libs-multiarch:i386 and ia32-libs are installed.

I can't work it out. Can you advise on anything else I can try, or what log files to check out? What does the message mean?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justyn on Mon Apr 29 11:21:08 MST 2013

Quote: CodeRedSupport
Did you install the 32 bit libraries as detailed in the release notes and getting started guide?

Yes, I did. How strange.

I'm back on 12.10 for now, I'll try activating on 13.04 again at some point in the near future.

Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Apr 29 08:27:15 MST 2013
No problems here. Downloaded and installed Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit bit, installed LPCXpresso and activated, and everything worked as expected, including activation.

Did you install the 32 bit libraries as detailed in the release notes and getting started guide?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by justyn on Fri Apr 26 07:27:22 MST 2013
I've tried version 5.0.12, same problem.

I noticed that the folder /usr/share/LPCXpresso didn't exist whereas it did under 12.10, I was under the impression the license file was put in here.

So I created it and made sure it was writeable by my user.
Unfortunately this didn't help.

Has the location of the license file moved?
0 Kudos