cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1769 MCU target - USB info

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mayur.p.85 on Wed Apr 17 07:33:27 MST 2013
Hi All,

I am new to LPCXpresso board. I have just done implemented some small playground projects using FreeRTOS of LED blinking on the target board.
Basically, Now I am wondering that is it really possible to connect the target
board to the PC to switch to play with various USB device? I actually found
some threads that I need to solder USB mini - b wires to the MCU board USB pins and after that I can just connect MCU target to the PC. Can anybody advise me (Please can anybody  double-check with the mapping I think is correct or not and could be just directly connected to the corresponding USB lines. VIO -> J6 - 28 , USBD+ -> J6-36, USBD- -> J6-37, GND -> J6-54) .

Can anybody also let me know that whether LPCOpen Platform USB stack and its USB Class drivers can be just used directly with this MCU target without having a need of LPCXpresso base board?

If I cant use LPCOpen USB stack and drivers then can anyone let me know which stack and drivers are available for it?

Regards,
Mayur
0 Kudos
12 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Sat May 25 03:18:34 MST 2013

Quote: fp7253
The USBCDC.xaf is 368K size...

That's not the code size :) See: http://www.support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/FlashRamSize

Quote: fp7253
Does somebody know what  to do to reduce the size ...

Optimization with Release Build... See:http://www.support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/CompilerOptimization
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fp7253 on Sat May 25 02:42:37 MST 2013

Quote: mayur.p.85
Everything works fine now.... Could enumerate USBCDC device... great help... thanks...

HI,
I have problem with USBCDC example of LPCXpresso 1769, IDE CodeRed 5.2.4  : The USBCDC.xaf is 368K size, too big for the licence  debugger LPC_LINK .
Does somebody know what  to do to reduce the size less than 128 K ,  (limit of the licence lpcxpresso)
thank's to all
F.P.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mayur.p.85 on Sat Apr 20 08:44:45 MST 2013
Everything works fine now.... Could enumerate USBCDC device... great help... thanks...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mayur.p.85 on Thu Apr 18 07:04:10 MST 2013

Quote: R2D2
No Google in your Germany?

http://www.keil.com/mcb1700/mcb1700-schematics.pdf

Everything is here but I want to be sure that what I would do should not just block my activities for few days... as well I dont have much knowledge on LPCXpresso board and MCU..
Anyway thanks for the help...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Thu Apr 18 01:55:54 MST 2013
No Google in your Germany?

http://www.keil.com/mcb1700/mcb1700-schematics.pdf
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mayur.p.85 on Thu Apr 18 01:23:20 MST 2013
-
Quote: daniel.widyanto
VBUS pin - So internal USB peripheral can detect whether the USB is attached

Yes this is what I was thinking, that if I dont connect VBus then How Can I ditinguish between Reset and Suspend bus states for self-powered device... But I am not clear to which pin of MCU I should connect it?

Quote: daniel.widyanto
USB_CONNECT pin - Optional, but recommended. So you can delay the USB enumeration until the MCU is ready.

What additionally I require to do it, Actually I have seen the diagram in the datasheet but didnt quite understood to do this, as this would be good idea to have it...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by daniel.widyanto on Wed Apr 17 20:49:31 MST 2013
See Fig 28 from LPC1769 datasheet (http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/LPC1769_68_67_66_65_64_63.pdf) for recommended connection.

You need:
- VBUS pin - So internal USB peripheral can detect whether the USB is attached
- D+ pin
- D- pin
- GND
- USB_CONNECT pin - Optional, but recommended. So you can delay the USB enumeration until the MCU is ready.
- USB_UP_LED pin - Optional for those who likes indicator if USB is enumerated successfully.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Apr 17 12:53:29 MST 2013

No, I am interested in bus powered device at the moment.

Then you've to connect USB-VCC to your voltage regulator, of course.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mayur.p.85 on Wed Apr 17 12:45:06 MST 2013

Don't connect it. Or are you building a self powered device :confused:

No, I am interested in bus powered device at the moment.

Btw, I also looked at the LPCOpen projects provided by NXP, which seems to does not include any demo for USB stack with LPC17xx controllers for LPCXpresso.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Apr 17 12:16:16 MST 2013

What does this mean? What shall I do with USB-VBus line of USB connector?

Don't connect it. Or are you building a self powered device :confused:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mayur.p.85 on Wed Apr 17 11:31:59 MST 2013

Minimal USB Connection is:

D-   J6-36
D+  J6-37
GND    J6-54

Don't connect USB-VCC, it's 5V.

What does this mean? What shall I do with USB-VBus line of USB connector?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Apr 17 10:36:58 MST 2013

Can anybody advise me (Please can anybody  double-check with the mapping I think is correct or not and could be just directly connected to the corresponding USB lines. VIO -> J6 - 28 , USBD+ -> J6-36, USBD- -> J6-37, GND -> J6-54) .

Minimal USB Connection is:

D-   J6-36
D+  J6-37
GND    J6-54

Don't connect USB-VCC, it's 5V.

Can anybody also let me know that whether LPCOpen Platform USB stack and  its USB Class drivers can be just used directly with this MCU target  without having a need of LPCXpresso base board?

You don't need a base board, except USB connector, everything is on your target board. 

If I cant use LPCOpen USB stack and drivers then can anyone let me know which stack and drivers are available for it?

There are several RDB samples in your Example folder...
0 Kudos