Using LPCXpresso 7.9.0 Free Version with Segger J-Link on LPC2378 ARM Chip and cannot get Breakpoints to work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LPCXpresso 7.9.0 Free Version with Segger J-Link on LPC2378 ARM Chip and cannot get Breakpoints to work

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lucas.prater on Wed Oct 07 12:44:30 MST 2015
The program will debug and flash to the chip but it basically ignores breakpoints that I set. When I pause the program it jumps to a little assembly code in the startup program. I can't get it to do anything else and I'm not seeing any feedback.

Any tips on this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robert hulsebos on Wed Oct 14 12:59:27 MST 2015
I have a J-Link Plus and use it to debug LPC1769. I had similiar experiences. Eventually I solved it by switching off all compiler optimizations. (-O0 option) I was triggered by similar experiences I had with Segger SAM-ICE for Atmel. Hope this helps...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Oct 10 07:39:14 MST 2015
So did you try resuming?

And did you try booting into ISP mode before starting your debug session?

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lucas.prater on Fri Oct 09 05:53:55 MST 2015
It jumps to src\cr_startup_lpc23.s and stops on line 132: LDR pc,_swi //SWI/SVC

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Oct 08 23:56:07 MST 2015
Where exactly do you end up in the startup code? And what happens if you "resume" execution at that point?

It might also be worth booting your board into ISP mode before you start your debug connection.

https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos