Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Tool Bar not visible

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ekki on Tue Sep 09 07:23:08 MST 2014
Hello Forum Readers,

I have a problem with the 'Debug Toolbar' since a few versions now. My 'Debug Toolbar' has disappeared and it is not possible to get it back to the toolbar again. 
At any other tool bar it is possible to switch it on or off by using 'Window->Customize Perspective->Tool Bar Visibility', but not the 'Debug'-Tool Bar. When I open the 'Tool Bar Visibility'-list it is always marked with a hook, even if I removed it before.

Surprisingly there are two Debug Tool Bars in the 'Tool Bar Visibility'-List. One that includes 'reverse Toggle, Reverse Resume,....' which is marked as not available (grayed out) and the one I am missing in the main tool bar with 'Drop To Frame, Use Step Filters, Run to Line,.....
May be this is the cause of the problem but I do not know where the problem comes from and how to solve it.
I hope somebody can give me a hint.
Thanks in advance

Ekki
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ekki on Tue Sep 16 13:12:34 MST 2014
Thanks for all your efforts. The Debug tool bar is back. I didn't care about the problem, just continued my work as it was more important as doing some tests with the perspectives and somehow it was back :).   Thanks again.

Regards,

Ekki
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Sep 10 02:32:26 MST 2014
Please try resetting the perspective ( via the menu available by right clicking on the Perspective name in the top right of the LPCXpresso IDE window).

Do you also still see the same if you switch back to the LPCXpresso default Develop perspective?

It might also help if you can attach a screenshot of your LPCXpresso running, so we can see your tool bars.

Finally, if you switch to a fresh workspace and import your projects across from the original, do you still see the same problem?

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/how-importexport-projects

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ekki on Wed Sep 10 01:33:09 MST 2014
I use the debug perspective and unfortunately I don't know what moment the problem came up first because I noticed it much later.
Is there a configuration file in which the perspectives are stored that can be reset to default values?
I am not afraid of loosing my personal adaptations.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Sep 09 11:03:59 MST 2014
What did you do to remove them in the first place? Which perspective are you using?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ekki on Tue Sep 09 08:08:57 MST 2014
Thanks for the hint in the User Guide. This helped me to get the Icons: Resume, Suspend, Terminate, etc. back at least in the toolbar of the debug view.
But still I do not get them back to the global tool bar. Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Ekki
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Sep 09 07:28:34 MST 2014
You don't say which version of LPCXpresso you are using. But LPCXpresso moved to using the global toolbar for debug control back in LPCXpresso 6.0.

I suggest that you read the LPCXpresso User Guide - provided in your install in PDF form as well as in the built in help system. For LPCXpresso 7.3.0 for example, please see section 4.4.2, Controlling execution.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos