cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Examples Error - Licence Restriction

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by canalejose on Sat Feb 13 08:21:05 MST 2010
I've already installed LPCXpresso and activate it but when I try to debug any USB example (usbcdc, usbhid) I get the first error "Licence Restriction: Flash image too large for this licence".
How can I know how much flash and ram memory the project uses?
I read that my licence can download until 128kb and i don't think that this examples exeed them. If this is right, how can i fix this malfunction?

Thanks in advance.

José Canale
0 Kudos
10 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by canalejose on Sat Feb 20 06:19:42 MST 2010
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The problem was solved adding "C:\Windows\system32" path in the LPCXpresso IDE      "Additional Path directories":[/SIZE][/FONT]     [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Windows      -> Preferences -> LPCXpresso -> Common[/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT]
     [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Enter the      "C:\Windows\system32" path in the dialog. This is presuming Windows is      installed on drive "C:", of course.[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Feb 17 00:43:23 MST 2010
Please contact [EMAIL=support@code-red-tech.com][/EMAIL]us directly at http://www.code-red-tech.com/contact.php so we can help resolve the problem.

Regards,

CodeRedSupport

Quote: canalejose
I've only one use account and is administrator. I've already restarted LPCXpresso several times and I've tried reinstalling and still have the same problem.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by canalejose on Tue Feb 16 17:44:43 MST 2010
I've only one use account and is administrator. I've already restarted LPCXpresso several times and I've tried reinstalling and still have the same problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Feb 15 23:48:42 MST 2010
Please ensure your login has administrator priviledges, then restart the LPCXpresso IDE and post your results.

Regards,

CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by canalejose on Mon Feb 15 20:32:45 MST 2010
I attach the requested file.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Feb 14 23:43:00 MST 2010
Hi, one more request. Could you go to the <install>\bin directory, and use the following command-line as follows:

C:\nxp\lpcxpresso_3.2\bin>crt_emu_cm3_nxp.exe -info-license

After this command returns, please attach the file lpcxpresso.lic.bin (found in the same directory as the LPCXpresso.acc and LPCXpresso.lic files). You can delete this file from the directory after posting it.

Thanks,

CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by canalejose on Sun Feb 14 18:36:30 MST 2010
I'm attaching the requested folder. I hope it helps.

Thanks

José Canale
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Feb 14 09:28:44 MST 2010
Hello,

Can you zip up the directory:
C:\Users\Public\LPCXpresso (if you are using Vista/Win7)
or
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LPCXpresso (Win XP)

and attach it to a posting on this thread. This will help us investigate the license issue.

Don't worry - no personal identifiable information is contained in that directory.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by canalejose on Sat Feb 13 14:32:18 MST 2010
Rob, thanks for your response. The program shows the following message:

Welcome to LPCXpresso. The software is now fully activated,  and can be used for production. LPCXpresso can be used to generate and download  applications containing up to 128KB of code into an LPC target

In addition in Help->Product Activation->Display License Type... there is a window that says:
License Type: FULL
Activation Code: -----
A full copy of LPCXspresso may be used for production.

I tried to solve the problem activating again and uninstalling and reinstalling the program and I still have the same problem.

José
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Sat Feb 13 13:22:42 MST 2010
José,

if you start LPCXpresso do you get the welcome screen telling you that LPCXpresso is fully activated?

At the end of the build phase you will see something like this:
arm-none-eabi-size usbhid.axf; # arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O ihex usbhid.axf usbhid.hex ;
   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
   8908          0        110       9018       233a    usbhid.axf

If your license is not activated, this will not download since the limit for unregistered software is 6 kB - but on a registered copy it should download nicely.
If not then more information is needed...
Regards,

Rob
0 Kudos