cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible breakpoints

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sharadanand on Mon Dec 12 05:42:18 MST 2011
I am using LPCXpresso IDE, while debugging debugger stops at certain lines when there is no break points and I can not add more break points:(
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Sharadanand on Thu Dec 15 05:43:25 MST 2011
The info was useful I shall follow your instructions and I shall do debugging.
I am using LPC1114
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Dec 13 02:02:50 MST 2011
Which MCU are you debugging? In particular note that Cortex-M0 based MCUs only have 4 hardware breakpoints.

From the very limited information you have provided, it is hard to say exactly what else might be causing you problem. But one thing to watch is that breakpoints are stored in the workspace, and by default are effectively project independent. Thus if you set a breakpoint in one file, and have a file of the same name in another project within the workspace, then if you debug the second project you may hit breakpoints unexpectedly (or have all your breakpoint units consumed unexpectedly).

You can configure your debug launch configuration such that breakpoints are set with absolute filenames to avoid this issue though.

To do these, right click on the project and select

Launch Configurations -> Open Launch Configurations -> Debugger

Then select the "Main" tab and tick the "Use full file path to set breakpoints" option.

Note - this assumes you have already debugged the project in question. If not simply select the "Create Launch Configurations" option first.

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos