Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging not working reliably

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MaSt on Wed Jun 04 00:31:48 MST 2014
Hallo all,
we are observing since some time, that debugging with LPC-Link2 and LPCXpresso ( 7.0.2b102 and 7.2.0b153 full License on Windows 7 64Bit Host) is not working reliably. We are using custom boards equipped with LPC4350 in conjunction with a Spansion QSPI device (FL128S).

Debugging and flashing of the modules is not possible due different kinds of errors, see attached screenshots.

Things we tried without improvement of the situation :
- restart Computer / LPCXpresso / LPC-Link2-Device
- change USB-Ports on which the LPC-Link2 are attached
- change workstation (3 different tested)
- installed new LPCXpresso Versions (all tested from 7.0.2b102 to 7.2.0b153 )
- change target boards

If we use a Segger JLink (with LPCXpressso 7.2.0 ), we can debug all target boards without any problems, so i think the target-hardware is ok!

Many thanks for hints.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MaSt on Wed Jun 04 02:19:51 MST 2014
Thank you for your reply, the driver was indeed not registered. This is quite unusual, because i added it with the Memory configuration editor. We are running the M4 from internal SRAM and the M0 from SPIFI-flash. Adding the driver in the Memory configuration editor is not possible for me, it gets lost after closing the editor. If i open the memory configuration editor again, there is again no driver registered. Only importing it from a manually edited xml-file makes it stay in the MCU-Settings.

But it improves the situation only a bit, because debugging is still not working properly on M0-side:
I know there is only one breakpoint available on M0, and M4 and M0 are shareing for any reason the amount of their breakpoints. Because of that, i do not set any breakpoint (neither in M4 nor in M0). If i press during a running debugging session on M0 the "suspend"-button, the program execution holds as expected. But after pressing any of the three step-buttons (step-in, step-over, step-out), an error window occurs, saying "Unable to set an execution break - no resource available" (see attachment).

Any hints?

Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jun 04 01:18:36 MST 2014
Where are you building your code to run from  - the SPIFI flash on your board? Certainly your debug log shows no flash driver being used.

Please ensure that you have read the LPC43 FAQs, starting with:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/lpc18-lpc43-support

as well as the chapter on the Memory Configuration Editor in the LPCXpresso User Guide.

If you are building your code to run from internal RAM, rather than external flash, then try editing the launch configuration for your project and replacing the "Reset Script" specified in the launch configuration script settings with "LPC18LPC43RamReset.scp". For details of how edit the launch configuration, see:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/launch-configuration-menu

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos