lpcware

IDE 7.3 Debug Config Issue

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Sat Aug 16 12:00:49 MST 2014
I installed version 7.3 (windows), deleted the debug launch configuration and created a new one (under "... MCUApplication) ...
[I got into the launch dialog via the drop down arrow on the bug icon on thr toolbar and selected Debug Configurations.]
I browsed to the elf file and then went to the debbuger tab. Naturally, all the defaults were wrong for me, so I ...

BTW, it is a LPC1778 project.

I set Red Trace off, SemiHosting off, protocol SWD, Attach Only True [NOTE] Load Image False [NOTE].
I disable the breakpoint at Main -- I don't have any functions by that name.
I click Apply.
I click Debug.

The bloody thing tries to program Flash!!!!! (But I told it NOT to!!! Ask me if I am cross!) ... which failed on erase sector.
But this still destroyed the flash image somehow. Why did it even try to do this?

So I re-burn the flash image (using external tools).

Go back to the debug launch and nothing was saved! All the wrong defaults are back -- isn't 'Apply'  supposed to save the
debug settings.

I change all the defaults (again), click apply, and this time, it attches properly.

The same thing has been happening on previous versions too and also happens whenever a new project is created.

Needless to say, this is bloody annoying.

Mike

Outcomes