Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instruction debugging

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ronkrem on Sun Feb 23 23:47:58 MST 2014
I would like to use the set of windows such as IntTrace+, Instruction Trace, etc previously associated with the Code Red debugging hardware. Is there new hardware associated with LPCXpresso 7 that I can use for this level of debugging? Is the LPC-Link 2 such a debugger?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Feb 24 03:26:06 MST 2014
You can still purchase Red Probe+ from Mouser: www.mouser.com
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ronkrem on Mon Feb 24 02:00:37 MST 2014
I see - the LPC-Link2 is not a replacement for the RedProbe+.

However, where to buy a RedProbe+ now Code Red are owned by LPC? I cannot find a mention of the probe on any LPC site, and the Code Red purchase page just links to LPC. I would need both the probe and the 20- to 10-pin adapter cable.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Feb 24 01:37:35 MST 2014
Just to clarify - Instruction Trace (using MTB on Cortex-M0+ parts and ETM/ETB on LPC18/43 parts) is possible using LPC-Link2. But to use SWV (Serial Wire Viewer) functionality such as Profiling requires a Red Probe+. For more details, please see the LPCXpresso User Guide.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Feb 24 00:56:46 MST 2014
Sorry, but that functionality is only available with Red Probe+.
0 Kudos