cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Question - GPIO pin allocation

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by a.unique.identifier on Mon May 14 06:57:03 MST 2012
I've noticed many cases in which the libraries associated with an internal resource, such as the 32 bit timer, also set the appropriate GPIO pins accordingly (ex.: The NXP init_timer32 routine sets the pins for CAP0, MAT0, etc.). If I'm using the timer for a blocking delay or to cause an interrupt, I can use the CAP0, MAT0, etc. - or a subset of these pins - for other GPIO functions, correct? I tested this using these GPIO pins for something else and it seems to work fine. I wanted to make certain I wasn't missing some fine point.

This is a general question, but specifically I'm using the LPC1343.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by a.unique.identifier on Mon May 14 09:57:27 MST 2012
Thanks for the confirmation!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Mon May 14 08:18:26 MST 2012
If you don't need this special timer functions (like match or capture) it's of course not necessary to enable them (and waste a pin) :)

Libraries are just libraries, you don't know if they do what you want. So don't trust them :mad: They often set or reset functions and surprise us :eek:
0 Kudos