lpcware

LPCXpresso 7.8.0 Debug problem

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HCTEK on Fri Jun 05 09:52:44 MST 2015
Hello,

since I installed the LPCXpresso 7.8.0 I am facing an annoying problem about detecting my LPC-Link 2. 

In version 7.7.2 my major problem was program the flash which occasionally failing to initialize or complete. My solution was power reset of LPC-Link2 and a restart of LPCXpresso. In fact, most of the problems that I faced were "fixed" by the previous procedure. This new version 7.8.0 fixed most of the problems however I think that I found another one which is very annoying.

So, the problem is the LPCXpresso that after some debugs connections cannot initialize the redlink server and/or detect aJTAG/SWD connection. The last time that occurred (it happened several times) I lost the debug connection and the driver for LPC-Link2 was installing like it was the first time that I connect to computer. After that I was not able to start a debug connection again, even if I power reset the LPC-Link2, restart the LPCXpresso 7.8.0, use "vector catch" or use the previous version 7.7.2. I also tried to use the CMSIS without bridge in LPCXpresso 7.8.0 without success.

I attatch the error log.

The "solution" to bypass the problem and be able to start a debug connection on LPCXpresso 7.8.0 was uninstall the LPC-Link2 driver from Windows, connect the LPC-Link2 and instal the driver, and start a debug connection on LPCXpresso 7.7.2. If I try the first time after reinstall the driver in version 7.8.0 I found the same problem.

My OS is Windows 8.1.

Best Regards

Original Attachment has been moved to: error_0.txt.zip

Outcomes