Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License check failure in Virtualbox

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jnd on Sat Feb 27 20:39:33 MST 2010
Hi,

I'm runing latest LPCXpresso 3.2.3 (about dialog shows only 3.2.2 but everywhere else it's 3.2.3) under Virtualbox on Linux host. Display license type and Product information shows me FULL license. But when I try to debug larger example like the adc I get errors shown in attachments.

When I try small projects like blinky or systick it works fine and I can debug it, so debugging works well under Virtualbox. I only have to manually disconnect the unknown device and connect LPC-Link Probe at the first LPC-Link initialization.

I guess this has to be something with Windows XP running under Virtualbox. I tried exactly same installation with other machine and native Windows XP where it worked without problems. Is there any way to check where could be problem?
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Mar 01 16:22:43 MST 2010
Thank you for the files. Please contact us directly at http://www.code-red-tech.com/contact.php. We'd like to send you one more diagnostic utility to help identify the problem.

Regards,

CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jnd on Sun Feb 28 16:01:47 MST 2010
Here it is:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Feb 28 15:18:59 MST 2010
Could you run (from the bin directory of LPCXpresso):
crt_emu_cm3_nxp -info-license

Can you then  zip up the directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All  Users\LPCXpresso

and attach it to a posting on this thread. This will help us investigate  the license issue.

Don't worry - no personal identifiable information is contained in that  directory.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jnd on Sun Feb 28 14:04:55 MST 2010
Hi,

yes I'm using account with admin privileges, I tried the Administrator one itself and I see no change.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Feb 28 13:26:19 MST 2010
Hi,

Are you running from an account that has admin privileges? If not, can you try it from such an account?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jnd on Sun Feb 28 10:07:35 MST 2010
I added those paths but that didn't help. I tried it in fresh Virtualbox Windows XP install and no luck either.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Feb 28 03:00:34 MST 2010
We only officially support native Windows. However, we know of a number of customers who have successfully run under various Virtual Machines.

One thing for you to try is to ensure windows\system and windows\system32 are on the path for LPCXpresso:
Windows->Preferences
LPCXpresso
Common
And under "Additional path directories", add
c:\windows\system
c:\windows\system32
0 Kudos