Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDC / MSD Composite Questions LPCxpresso 1343

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ehughes on Sat Jan 22 06:58:26 MST 2011
A Couple questions/comments:

1.)   It seems that the MSD does not work with Windows 7 64 bit.   Everything seems to enumerate correctly with Windows XP 32-bit (both CDC and MSD).  Working drivers, etc for Windows 7 64-bit would be great!

2.)  When I use Windows XP, it looks like the COM port is detected (COM25) but I get an error "Unable to Open COM25, Please check you port settings" when I try to open the port in HyperTerminal.  I tried different baud rates, etc and nothing seemed to work.   I am trying to do a loopback on the LPCxpresso board (TXD to RXD)

3.)   Does this forum support searching?  I could not find a search link.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ehughes on Sat Jan 22 11:28:33 MST 2011
Thanks for the reply.  I am in the process of hooking up some external flash memory to have a larger memory space to reformat as FAT16 or FAT32.  I'll see if that helps with the MSC.

I'll look into the other .inf for 64-bit CDC

BTW:   The Code Red tools are excellent.  I have used alot of the MCU tools and I was up and running in no time!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Jan 22 10:27:36 MST 2011
Actually, it looks like there might be a more fundamental issue here....

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showthread.php?p=4477

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sat Jan 22 10:21:18 MST 2011
There is a search facility in the forum, which should appear along the "menu bar" when you are logged onto the forum. However it has some shortcomings and you would probably do better using a site specific google search:

eg, try googling with this: "search site:knowledgebase.nxp.com"

With regards to your USB issues, I'm not particularly familar with the NXP USB examples, but I do know that we had to update the "usbser.inf" that we supply with the RDB1768 USB examples, to allow them to be used on Windows7/64bit. It might be worth having a look at this - you can find these examples in the LPC1700 example directory within your LPCXpresso installation directory, or at:

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/RDB1768cmsisExampleProjects

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos