Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC Link-2 Windows 8.1 Problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jerryjc on Sat May 10 06:42:03 MST 2014
Hello,

I am trying to get LPC Link-2 with LPCXpresso in Windows 8.1 64bit, however the emulator is not detected. I tried different suggestions here but couldn't get it working.

The closest it got to working was when I tried to download the firmware manually as mentioned in the post #9: http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/debugger-v5v6-does-not-load-redlink-firmware-lpc-link2

with debug session running till the USB connection is reset as described in the post.

My setup details are:

LPC Xpresso Version: 7.1.1
USB Controller: Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset

I am fairly new to LPCXpresso and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jerryjc on Sun May 18 00:51:11 MST 2014
It worked

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Jerry
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat May 17 11:36:00 MST 2014
This implies to me that cscript is not running on your PC. Take a look at this FAQ and follow the instructions for 'simple cscript test'

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/flash-image-too-large

Edit:

Looks like error is because WMI needs fixing. See this thread and follow the instructions to repair.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/986b0f06-1cf6-4639-9982-7b7cfce6e6bf/error-0...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jerryjc on Sat May 17 06:32:05 MST 2014
The listusb.cmd is returning the following in all combinations of USB3.0, 2.0 and hub.

listusb.vbs<14, 1> <null>: 0x80041010

Interesting thing is, even when LPC Link-2 is not connected it is returning the same value.

My setup is on Asus Ultrabook S550C with Intel 7 series/C216 Chipset USB host controller and Windows 8.1 operating system. Intel/Asus is not providing any firmware and Windows update says the drivers are the most current.

Attached is a screenshot from my USB tree view when LPC-Link-2 attached to external USB hub.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jerryjc on Sat May 17 06:30:22 MST 2014
The listusb.cmd is returning the following in all combinations of USB3.0, 2.0 and hub.

listusb.vbs<14, 1> <null>: 0x80041010

Interesting thing is, even when LPC Link-2 is not connected it is returning the same value.

My setup is on Asus Ultrabook S550C with Intel 7 series/C216 Chipset USB host controller and Windows 8.1 operating system. Intel/Asus is not providing any firmware and Windows update says the drivers are the most current.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat May 10 09:29:00 MST 2014
I'm not talking about windows device drivers, I am talking about motherboard firmware. See if there are any bios updates for your PC.

There is a test script in the bin/scripts directory called listusb.cmd. Could you connect your boards and then run the script. Try it on various ports and see what changes. Also try lpc-link as well as cmsis-dap.

Post your results.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jerryjc on Sat May 10 08:39:05 MST 2014
Tried different USB 2.0 ports but the results were same.

Windows device manager says all the device drivers are up to date.

In desperation to get the debug working configured LPC Link-2 with CMSIS-DAP successfully, even then LPC Xpresso was not connecting to the emulator.

Is it a windows driver issue? Or am I doing something seriously wrong?

regards,
Jerry

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat May 10 06:54:23 MST 2014
Please try other USB ports.

Also, There are still lots of compatibility issues with USB3 that are often made better with motherboard firmware upgrades.
0 Kudos