Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating project to 4.3.0

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jdurand on Wed Oct 03 15:30:09 MST 2012
I updated LPCXpresso from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0 and started getting errors on it not finding libraries.

I looked at the Includes and see it's got the built-in libraries for BOTH 4.2.3 and 4.3.0 listed.  I haven't been able to find where to kill the old built-in libraries yet.

Searching the hidden XML files finds strings like
    <section name="com.crt.quickstart.views.wizards.examples.QSExampleSelectionPage">
        <item value="/usr/local/lpcxpresso_4.2.3_255/lpcxpresso/Examples/NXP/LPC1000/LPC17xx" key="dirname"/>
    </section>

but I don't really want to randomly delete things.

Any easy way (short of killing all the configuration info) to fix this?
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sat Oct 13 06:58:20 MST 2012
That is the problem. As I said, Workspaces cannot be shared. If you want to develop in two platforms, you will need to use a version control system and check-in/check-out projects (and not workspaces). This is just a fact of life with Eclipse-based IDEs
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jdurand on Sat Oct 13 06:47:50 MST 2012
Just a regular SAMBA share, but the paths that are being added for the LPCXpresso libraries like /usr/local/lpcxpresso_4.3.0_1025 cause error flags on the Windows system and the c:\ stuff upsets the Linux system.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sat Oct 13 04:17:26 MST 2012
How are you sharing your projects between Linux and Windows? We use Subclipse (subversion) and can share projects without any issues like you describe. You can also share by import/export *projects* but you cannot share workspaces.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jdurand on Fri Oct 12 14:51:07 MST 2012
I found I just can't go back and forth between Windows and Linux with this software, I have to clear the Discovery paths every time I switch systems.  I have to do BOTH "per language" in each project and "Configuration-wide".

As I work on 4 different computers I think I'll just avoid the one Windows one and stay on Linux (now updated all systems to Ubuntu 12.04LTS and broke the activation, but that's now fixed).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jdurand on Thu Oct 04 13:01:32 MST 2012
I actually found the fix, go to
C/C++ Build
Discovery Options

and clear Discovered Entries Now

Do this for Release and Debug, Per Language and Configuration-Wide and now it will work fine.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by whitecoe on Thu Oct 04 00:38:34 MST 2012
What's the actual text of the error that you get?

Are you maybe seeing this...

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/InvalidProjPath

HTH!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Oct 04 00:11:18 MST 2012
How did you update? The official way is to uninstall your existing version and install to a new directory. I've never had a problem when doing it this way.
0 Kudos