How to build and debug LPC-Link 2 LPCXpresso IRAM only projects?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build and debug LPC-Link 2 LPCXpresso IRAM only projects?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jonper on Mon Jan 20 16:01:11 MST 2014
What steps are needed to change an LPCOpen v2.04, LPC-Link 2, LPCXpresso v6.1.2 project to build and debug entirely from internal ram instead of the default SPIFI and IRAM model?

I've tried deleting the Flash/SPIFI configuration and clearing the Flash Driver in the periph_timers project which then compiles and loads, but once in the debugger window just says “No source available for 0x0”.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jonper on Tue Jan 21 10:12:41 MST 2014
Like I said, LPC-Link 2. Though it's obvious now that I should have said LPC-Link 2 debugger to LPC-Link 2 target device.

Thanks for the quick reply, it's now happily debugging away in ram with that simple fix.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jan 21 08:51:06 MST 2014
So which part are you using?? From your comment about SPIFI, I imagine its an LPC18 or LPC43 family part?

In which case, you could try Editing the launch configuration for your project and replacing the "Reset Script" specified in the launch configuration script settings with "LPC18LPC43RamReset.scp". For details of how edit the launch configuration, see:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/launch-configuration-menu

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos