cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External interrupts and GPIO

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by affonpign on Wed May 25 03:55:31 MST 2011
Hi everybody,

I use the LPC1769 and I assign the external interrupt 3 to the GPIO using void EINT3_IRQHandler(void). Everything works fine. Is it possible to use the GPIO with the external interrupt 0,1 or 2 ?

I found this note in the datasheet:
Note: EINT3 channel is shared with GPIO interrupts

Does anyone have an example using external interrupts 0,1 or 2?

Regards,
affonpign
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Thu May 26 02:21:37 MST 2011
You don't show your (EINT) code, so I can only suggest to pay someone to solve your problem :):)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by affonpign on Wed May 25 23:36:11 MST 2011
I use the EINT0 on the corresponding pin. If I trigger the EINT0 volitional once but then the interrupt triggers itself and remains in a endless loop. Even clearing the pending interrupts does not help. Any suggestions?

Regards,
affonpign
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jharwood on Wed May 25 23:14:28 MST 2011
External Interrupts work as expected when configured to do so, EINT0 is == NMI, EINT1 thru 3 are maskable.

When those pins are configured for external interrupts, the GPIO functionality is revoked.

That means that edge triggered interrupts on ports 0 and 2 are not applicable for those pins that you have declared as EXTernal interrupts
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Wed May 25 10:41:23 MST 2011

Quote: affonpign
Is it possible to use the GPIO with the external interrupt 0,1 or 2 ?

I found this note in the datasheet:
Note: EINT3 channel is shared with GPIO interrupts

Does anyone have an example using external interrupts 0,1 or 2?

I don't think so.

Read the user manual.

UM10360 chapter 9 paragraph 9.2.2:

GPIO0 and GPIO2 interrupts share the same position in the NVIC with External Interrupt 3.
0 Kudos