cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1225 & LPC Xpresso go crazy

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gabrieleDmdtek on Thu May 26 08:44:50 MST 2011
Hi,
when i try debug with lpcXpresso in LPC1225/301 device the system goes in error like:
LPCXpresso says:[COLOR=Red]"Target Reported Errors Reason 15:Target error Commit Flash write: Et: Flash driver not ready"[/COLOR]
or when i enter in debug session succesfully, the code start in casual point and the debug doesn't work properly.
what can cause these problems?I state that I use a circuit that works well with the family lpc 111x.
can anyone help me?

i'm using LPCXpresso v3.6.3 [Build 317] [08/04/2011] CMSIS included in that version and Red Probe+ with LPC1225 /301 mounted in a custom board.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Emilien on Tue May 31 15:32:35 MST 2011
Hi,

You may try the vector catch thing described here: http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/DebugAccessChip?highlight=%28ISP%29. It worked on my lpcxpresso1114 (I had the same error,  "15:Target error Commit Flash write: Et: Flash driver not ready").
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Fri May 27 02:32:23 MST 2011
Gabriele,

I'n not sure what you mean with your last post - it looks there is some Italian - English translation problem.

When you start debugging (by clicking on "Debug project") the LPCXpresso tools first program the executable code into the Flash of your device. After successful Flash programming program execution starts.

In my case the program that was already running in my lpc1343 got stuck in some loop that did not allow me to program the Flash.
By pulling the ISP pin low, the chip is set in a defined mode that certainly allows flash programming through the SWD interface.

And yes you are right, you should only pull the pin low during reset. After that you should release it again.
My board contains a pushbutton switch that I press during reset - I just verified what happens if I keep the line constantly low; in this case the LPCXpresso environment seems to be executing ROM code (at 0x1f......) instead of my program (at 0x00......) - I even had to unplug the LPC-Link module and restart the LPCXpresso IDE in order to get things working again.

I hope you get things working, otherwise we'll have to ask Larryvc to use his Italian skills once more :rolleyes:

Regards,

Rob
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gabrieleDmdtek on Fri May 27 00:55:07 MST 2011
Ok for the ISP boot mode but the debug mode remain the same. the executable code enter in casual point at every launch. is necessary an update to red probe or similar?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Fri May 27 00:28:32 MST 2011
The LC12xx family have an always-running WDT. When making a debug connection, the first thing the debugger has to do is to disable the WDT. Depending on a whole bunch of circumstances, it is possible that on some occasions the debugger may not be able to disable the WDT before it 'fires' and resets the chip. This is possibly the cause of your problems.

Booting the device into ISP will disable the WDT, and thus allow the debugger to achieve a reliable connection and be able to gain control of the chip.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gabrieleDmdtek on Fri May 27 00:27:30 MST 2011
Hi Rob65, thank you for the reply.
If i pull down P0.12 during reset, the mcu goes in ISP mode and the debug is impossible.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Thu May 26 09:51:34 MST 2011
Gabriele,

have you tried to pull the P0.12 pin low during reset?
This will keep the boot ROM in ISP mode.

I've had similar issues with my lpc1343 where the user program did not allow reliable Flash programming. Pulling the ISP request pin low during reset solved my problem.

Rob
0 Kudos