cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Internal EEPROM

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Fri Feb 15 08:12:33 MST 2013
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]To save me having to do experiments, does anyone know the answer?

On the LPC1778, the internal EEPROM has 64-byte pages.

Say if I had 16 word values programmed into a page (say page 0).

If my code sets the address reg to hex 014 (5th word), writes a new word value,
and then programs that page (zero).

Will the other 15 word values retain their values, or would they revert to FFFFFFFF?

Any clues will be much appreciated.

Mike

[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ianholmes on Thu Mar 14 07:29:19 MST 2013
They will stay the same if the device is BYTE progammable. The update process can do the entire page in the same time as 1 byte, which makes it look confusing in tha manual. Make sure you clear the status flags after a read or a write or the IAP flash progammer will stall.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cwpjr on Mon Feb 18 23:14:09 MST 2013
I find we would all be better off if we understood it is the tool and or architecture decisions documentation we are fighting, not the "computer science". My example was that the documentation of control registers that say set this bit to get this function to work (repeated for each bit in copy and paste fashion)  yet ignores that if that single bit is your target you are in violation of the other bits in the very same control register. And the notions of bit banding/ masking / aliasing etc is addressed as if it was a independent component of the issue, not because it is, but simply because it was an architectural and/or tool decision. A simple statement that the architecture and/or the tool REQUIRES that you not set that bit but can only safely do it by bit-banding, and/or/not-ting it in could result in bricking the device....

Assumptions, eh.
:cool:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Sun Feb 17 03:47:01 MST 2013
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]You miss the point; to program the eeprom is a two step process.
1) Write to addresses within a 'page'
2) Program the page.

My original question is concerns areas the the page being
[I]programmed[/I] that have not been explicitly  [I]written[/I]. (This time)

I.e. Do you [I]have[/I] to write [I]all[/I] locations in the page if you only
want to change one.

Volatility is [I]not[/I] the issue here.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vasanth on Fri Feb 15 20:51:55 MST 2013

Quote:

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Will the other 15 word values retain their values, or would they revert to FFFFFFFF?[/SIZE][/FONT]

If the other words become 0xFFFFFFFF, then you are unfortunately working with a volatile EEPROM memory. ;)
0 Kudos