lpcware

Multiple debug sessions on same PC

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by robert hulsebos on Fri Sep 04 02:54:10 MST 2015
I am using a MS-Windows 8.1 PC to debug a target board with two LPC1769 processors on it. Both processors are connected to the PC using LPC-Link2 probes. I am using LPCXpresso 7.9.0 - build 455.
Debugging one of the processor at a time works fine. But when I have two instances of LPCXpresso open, one for each processor, then starting a debug session for the second processor causes the first active debug session in the other LPCXpresso instance to crash. It does not matter on which processor I start debugging first...
When I use two different PCs to debug both processors at the same time, all works fine.  So it seams there is a problem in the driver software for LPC-Link2 ? It can not support 2 LPC-link probes at the same time?
I also tested the combination of 1 LPC-link2 and 1 LPC-link1 - same results.

FYI: The MS-Windows windows device manager reports that the LCP-LinkII UCom port driver (= \windows\system32\Drivers\usbser.sys) has version 2.0.0.0 and is dated 21-nov-2014. So seems to be the latest version...

Any suggestions?

Robert

Outcomes