cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux and LPC177x?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Sun May 15 13:47:43 MST 2011
Hello,

I was watching the new family of microcontrollers LPC177x. These  micros can use external memory (Flash and RAM), and I was  wondering if can run Linux, if any distribution compatible?

The chips are not available anywhere but Embedded Artists has a board for sale. They must have some special connection with NXP. :D

Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kendwyer on Thu May 26 09:54:56 MST 2011
The link is now live:
http://lpclinux.com/LPC2000/WebHome
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed May 18 13:48:55 MST 2011

Quote: kendwyer
Hi,
A new updated version of the LPC2478 uClinux port has just been completed and will be posted in the next week at the following site: The official link will be here: ftp://ftp.lpclinux.com/lpc2k/
with the download page here: http://www.lpclinux.com/Downloads/WebHome

Ken

WOW! I did not know this website. I will not participate in the contest, I am not worthy of such wonderful hardware, but I'm going to write some suggestions:

- Advertising.
- Contests (Done).
- Photos boards/microcontrollers.
- Linux screenshots.
- etc.

Many manufacturers are using the tactic to build small systems or helping to build, as is the case of BeagleBoard.

Another bestseller is the MINI2440.

Does LPCLinux similar plans or that is not the goal?

Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kendwyer on Wed May 18 10:10:41 MST 2011
Hi,
A new updated version of the LPC2478 uClinux port has just been completed and will be posted in the next week at the following site: The official link will be here: ftp://ftp.lpclinux.com/lpc2k/
with the download page here: http://www.lpclinux.com/Downloads/WebHome

Ken
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ktownsend on Mon May 16 07:50:36 MST 2011
EA posted a version of ucLinux for their (ARM7 but similar) LPC2478 board, and I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do the same for teh 1788.  I just ordered one last night so I'll have to see what sample code they offer when I get the board and put the serial number in.

Full Linux is obviously out, though ... as igorsk said, no MMU = no Linux, so the only option is ucLinux.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by igorsk on Mon May 16 06:55:42 MST 2011
Full Linux needs MMU, so that's out. However, you might be able to fit uCLinux on it. You could start with ST's port for STM32.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Sun May 15 14:26:57 MST 2011

Quote: Luis Digital
They must have some special connection with NXP. :D

Ya think?:rolleyes::D
0 Kudos