cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE 5.1.2 Can't Find LPC-Link

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Thu Feb 21 08:17:44 MST 2013
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]I have installed LPCXpresso 5.1.2 in parallel with 5.1.0 (WinXP Pro SP3)
I have given it its own work space and a separate copy of a project.
(Identical source/Makefile/Linker script, but a separate directory.)
I imported the 'Makefile Project' (File/New/Project); Set the MCU 1778.

When I attempt to debug, it can't find any emulators (debug adapters)

My usual ploy of unplugging the USB cable and re-inserting did not work.

Closing 5.1.2 and opening 5.1.0; debug works as usual (emulator found etc.)

Was there something I should have done (that doesn't seem to be documented
anywhere) or is this an 'issue' with 5.1.2?

I checked with ProcessExplorer from SystemInternals, no 'starter' or 'crt-...' processes
(or another LPCXpresso) were hanging about from a previous run (of either IDE).

As I only use the IDE for debugging, this is a bit of a bugger. (Pun intended.)

Mike

[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Fri Feb 22 01:32:33 MST 2013
a. Right-click and choose Launch configurations->Create and open new
b. If you create your own, you also need to select the Common tab and choose "Local file" to place the file in your project
c. The default options are good for 99.9% of customers. You are the 0.1%
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Thu Feb 21 20:53:31 MST 2013
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]Thanks, that did it, although I did not copy over a launch config ; I created one via the 'bug' icon on the toolbar.

When I do create a debug launch via the 'bug' icon, I can use it ok. BUT when I click debug in quick start, it totally
ignores any I have set up and makes a new one -- with all the wrong defaults for me.
Why is this?

(a) How can I get in and configure *BEFORE* the quickstart debug configuration runs for the first time?
(b) Why have you hidden the debug launch files (burried somewhere in .metadata IIRC) instead of leaving
them in the project directory (where some would argue that they belong -- are ther included in a project export?)
(c) The defaults are not what I want -- ever. Is there a way of setting a [I]workplace[/I] default debug configuration
so that every time I add a project (or I have to delete a launch config) I don't have to turn of red trace,
set no semi-hosting, select SWD, select no load, etc. etc.

Mike

[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Thu Feb 21 11:09:44 MST 2013

Quote: MikeSimmonds
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]
So, any clues as to what I should have (or not) done?
I ran the installer, just the same way as all previous released, with all the same
options.

Did you have both installed when you made your statement?

Mike
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Delete/recreate your launch/debug configurations. You should be prompted to connect to any supported emulator found attached to your USB port(s). There's no interaction between multiple LPCXpresso installations on the same computer.

Regards,

CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Thu Feb 21 09:09:24 MST 2013
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]
Quote: TheFallGuy
5.1.12 works here - exactly the same as 5.1.0.

So, any clues as to what I should have (or not) done?
I ran the installer, just the same way as all previous released, with all the same
options.

Did you have both installed when you made your statement?

Mike

[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Feb 21 09:04:21 MST 2013
5.1.12 works here - exactly the same as 5.1.0.
0 Kudos