cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCxpresso v6.0.4 - Activation not working

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lneumann on Sun Oct 20 07:25:20 MST 2013
Hello together

I just installed the new release of LPCxpresso v6.0.4
Activation works, I got a confirmation message "FULL", 256k Limit, please restart software.
Unfortunately, the activation is not working after I restarted the tool. It's back to 8k and something about Error=4.

Please help me out, thanks.

Running on Windows XP SP3.

Regards,
Leander
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by linusvhp on Thu Oct 24 14:26:08 MST 2013
Went back to version 5 , which works with 128k.
Putting Version 6 on hold for now.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Oct 22 03:07:07 MST 2013
Have you checked the access attributes to the directory used for storing the license file?

And what operating system are you using?

It might also be interesting to know if you had LPCXpresso 5 running on the same system? Other than the license directory being different, and the change from a 128K to 256K limit, the actual licensing systems for the free versions are very very similar.

Please also confirm where you see the limit going back to 8K? Is this in the IDE itself, or is it when you launch a debug session?

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by linusvhp on Mon Oct 21 15:06:30 MST 2013
I am having exactly the same problem.

I enter the demo license which should only give me 128k but it shows as 256k
Full License. It does/requests a reboot.

After the reboot it goes back to the same old 8K.

There is definitely something very bad going on there.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lneumann on Sun Oct 20 12:03:46 MST 2013
Hello

Thanks for your fast answer, even on Sunday.

Well, first it didn't worked with your solution. I checked the write protection of the folder, set it to non-protected. When I restarted LPCXpresso 6, I tried to reenter the activation code. The code got accepted, I restarted LPCXpresso 6 and again: Error=4, 8k limit!

Then I closed LPCXpresso again and DELETED the folder "NXPLPCXpresso" in the WinXP directory. I restarted LPCXpresso and what I see? 8k limit, but this time with Error=1. Again, I put in the activation code, restarted LPCXpresso and there we are, now it's activated!

Thanks for help. Hope you can use my short report.

Regards,
Leander
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sun Oct 20 11:33:14 MST 2013
In the first place, make sure the license directory is writable...

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/where-license-stored

and then try entering your activation code again.

If this doesn't help you get things running,  please confirm the exact details of the error that you see, and when you see it.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos