Hovering (Macro expansion, documentation etc.) is not working. Support for Doxygen???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hovering (Macro expansion, documentation etc.) is not working. Support for Doxygen???

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by 0xdeadbeef on Sat Mar 07 16:32:14 MST 2015
I'm using several Eclipse based IDEs and while the usefulness of the information displayed when "hovering" over a variable/typedef/macro differs, no other Eclipse based IDE shows as little information as LPCXpresso.
Even when enabling doxygen and playing around with the hovering options in the global/project settings, all I ever get is a text saying "Write occurrence of 'xyz'" which seems to be completely useless. Besides, hovering only works on variables etc. that I selected before using a double-click.
In other IDEs like CoIDE, I can hover over any variable or macro and get either source code display or macro expansion. In a plain Java Eclipse I also get Javadoc based documentation information.
So why is it that hovering seems to be completely broken in LPCXpresso?
Is there any way to get it to work as least as in CoIDE (quick source code display and macro expansion)?
Any hope to get a documentation view as in a plain vanilla Java Eclipse? If not: why does most of the provided source code use Doxygen/Javadoc style comments if they are not used at all???
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by 0xdeadbeef on Sun Mar 08 08:49:06 MST 2015
Sure. This seems to enable syntax coloring only though. The Doxygen comments are not really parsed and used to view documentation like this works for Java projects with Javadoc in Eclipse.
I begin to think though that this is generally not working in any Eclipse based C IDE.
Anyway, I can't really tell why, but some of the hovering stuff (like macro expansion, source view) started working in some files at least. I don't really get why it's not always working, but yeah well.
After all that years, the C development tools for Eclipse seem to be still on a somewhat dysfunctional level compared to what Eclipse offered for Java ten years ago.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sun Mar 08 04:47:30 MST 2015
Did you try this?
https://www.semipol.de/archives/230
0 Kudos