cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso can't flash the board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mstachowsky on Wed Oct 19 19:27:56 MST 2011
Howdy,

I have the LPCXpresso with the LPC1769, working with Windows 7.  I can
download and run code through the "debug" mode, but I can't use any flash
commands.  The error is "Error 53: License does not permit flash operations
from the command line".  I have activated the product and I tried re-activating, and then uninstalling and re-installing (although evidently this may not be complete)

Any thoughts on why this might happen?
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gopibezugaam on Sat May 28 07:21:09 MST 2016
Need to restart your LPC IDE to get this working after correcting the PATH environment variable in windows command line. Need restart both windows command window for it to reflect the changed PATH contents and also LPC Expresso restart is required.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mstachowsky on Thu Oct 20 08:15:29 MST 2011
Yup, that got it.  I have no idea why my path was screwed up, but now flashing works.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Oct 20 06:54:52 MST 2011
This looks like a PATH problem in the command window.

Find where ipconfig and cscript are located on your disk (normally windows/system32) and make sure that directory is on your PATH. It is by default, so you must have edited it at some point.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mstachowsky on Thu Oct 20 06:39:08 MST 2011
I'm trying to run this from the IDE by clicking on the flash button, maybe that is my issue?  The command line options appear to be:

crt_emu_cm3_nxp -g -2 -pLPC1768 -flash-load-partial="C:\Users\Mike\Documents\LPCXpresso_4.1.0_190\workspace\uart\Debug\uart.axf" -wire=hid  -s250

The output of the flash process log is:

Pc: (  0) Reading remote configuration
Ni: LPCXpresso Debug Driver v4.0 (Sep 21 2011 20:05:40)
Nc: Looked for chip XML file in C:/nxp/LPCXpresso_4.1.0_190/lpcxpresso/bin/LPC1768.xml

Nc: Looked for vendor directory XML file in C:/nxp/LPCXpresso_4.1.0_190/lpcxpresso/bin/nxp_directory.xml

Nc: Found generic directory XML file in C:/nxp/LPCXpresso_4.1.0_190/lpcxpresso/bin/crt_directory.xml

Pc: (  5) Remote configuration complete
Pc: ( 30) Emulator Connected
Pc: ( 40) Debug Halt
Pc: ( 50) CPU ID
Nc: Emu(0): Conn&Reset. DpID: 2BA01477. Info: T1S6RGRIA
Nc: SWD Frequency: 250 KHz. RTCK: False. Vector catch: False.
Nc: Packet delay: 0  Poll delay: 0.
Nc: NXP: LPC1768  Part ID: 0x26113F37
Pc: ( 65) Chip Setup Complete
'ipconfig.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'cscript.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Wt: License check failure (CheckLicense)
Nt: Connected: was_reset=false. was_stopped=true
Cr:f Restricted - unregistered license, download limit of 8K
Pc: ( 70) License Check Complete
Et:53: License does not permit flash operations from command line
Pc: (100) Target Connection Failed

I have a feeling that this has to do with the cscript problem mentioned in the link, so I'll give that a shot and see what the license diagnostic says.

Thanks for the help so far!

MIKE
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Thu Oct 20 01:03:50 MST 2011
So if I understand you correct, if you click on the Debug button in the Quickstart view, then your code is correctly programmed into flash and runs? It is only when you run the flash programmer from the command line (as per http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/CommandLineFlashProgramming) that you see problems?

[Please ensure that you test programming a different application into flash using the Debug button - if you debug code that matches what is in there already, then the flash programmer will detect this and not actually program anything.]

What version of LPCXpresso are you running?

Please can you post full details of the commands that you are running and the output generated?

Also please post the results of running the license diagnostics and .log file, as detailed at:

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/LPCXLicenseDiag

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Wed Oct 19 23:58:48 MST 2011
It works for me (win7).

When I use the flash programmer it put out a whole bunch of messages. Can you post all of the messages?
0 Kudos