cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: unknown type name

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sipel_tp on Mon Nov 11 07:30:14 MST 2013
Hi, I'm trying to add the functionality of virtual serial device to my project (i'm using LPCOPEN and ea_devkit_1788_usblib_device).

So I took the files of the example  "ea_devkit_1788_lpcusblib_VirtualSerialDevice" and put them to my project.

It gives me errors like this when compiling:

error: unknown type name 'USB_Descriptor_Configuration_Header_t'

This is define in StdDescriptors.h of the library "ea_devkit_1788_usblib_device" which I also included in my workspace.

I think I configured all the right way, the paths, the includes, the libraries, etc. I can't find what the problem could be and why It does not find the definitions.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sipel_tp on Tue Nov 12 08:52:36 MST 2013
Thank you fall guy, I solved the problem, i don't know exactly how but it disappeared, thank you again for yout help!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Nov 12 01:11:38 MST 2013
Presumably it is failing because you have not setup the include paths correctly - otherwise it would find it, right?

If you add the Verbose (-v) option to the compiler settings, the compiler will display the paths it searches for include files.
0 Kudos