lpcopen_2_04_lpcxpresso_ngx_xplorer_1830 Missing file.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpcopen_2_04_lpcxpresso_ngx_xplorer_1830 Missing file.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Thu Jan 30 14:00:25 MST 2014
I've downloaded  lpcopen_2_04_lpcxpresso_ngx_xplorer_1830  repeatedly and all I get are the example folders and files. Nothing else.

What's up with that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Fri Jan 31 11:23:08 MST 2014
Thanks Kevin. I think I've got it :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Jan 30 21:08:21 MST 2014
The LPCXpresso packages only contains the filtered code needed to make the project run, while Keil/IAR packages contain all the project code plus all the unfiltered 3rd party code provided by 3rd party developers.

For example, with FreeRTOS - only the necessary files to make the project run in that configuration for FreeRTOS are in the archive. However, the Keil/IAR packages also contain all the other FreeRTOS files (all port files, heap files, etc.). This also applies to LWIP, uCos-III, CMSIS, etc. This is the reason the Keil/IAR packages are bigger.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Jan 30 20:22:40 MST 2014
Hi David,
I have downloaded Package from the link you mentioned. In my case size of lpcopen_2_04_lpcxpresso_ngx_xplorer_1830.zip file is around 2.7MB.  I can see src,inc and project files there.
See attached image.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Thu Jan 30 16:57:49 MST 2014
Kevin,

I haven't got as far as the procedure in the quick start guide as it seems fruitless given the download that I'm receiving. Attached is a screen shot of the root of the downloaded zip file. I've downloaded zips for Keil and they have the directory structure I'm expecting. 
The Keil download is ~8Mbytes, th eLPCXpresso only ~2.

Where did you get your 2.04 NGX archive from? I got mine from this link:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc18xx-packages-0

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Jan 30 16:02:13 MST 2014
Can you post a screen shot?
I just pulled the 2.04 NGX1830 archive and imported them in LPCXpresso 6.1.4 and things looked ok..

I used this procedure:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpcopen-platform-nxp-lpc-microcontrollers/lpcopen-v200-quicks...
0 Kudos