Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen 2.00 for LPCXpresso LPC1769 Availability Date

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Tue Jan 28 12:00:10 MST 2014
I went here http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-platform to download the Legacy LPCOpen  version 1.03 source package and found that the archive has only the LPCXpresso project files in it.  All of the source code for the examples is missing from the archive.

Can you give me a date that you expect the 2.0 version to be released?

If it is going to be more than a short while, days, then can you at least fix your archive to include the sources.

Thank you
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Tue Feb 11 17:34:56 MST 2014
@rbnsrn, Did you forget to say something?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rbnsrn on Tue Feb 11 17:15:47 MST 2014

Quote: larryvc
I went here http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-platform to download the Legacy LPCOpen  version 1.03 source package and found that the archive has only the LPCXpresso project files in it.  All of the source code for the examples is missing from the archive.

Can you give me a date that you expect the 2.0 version to be released?

If it is going to be more than a short while, days, then can you at least fix your archive to include the sources.

Thank you

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Sat Feb 08 10:19:14 MST 2014

Quote: wellsk
The expected release date for the 17xx/40xx V2 packages is Feb 7th..

Missed the deadline?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Tue Jan 28 15:49:14 MST 2014
Following the instructions did allow me to load the examples for v 1.03.  What, now I have to read instructions? ;-)

I'll keep you posted on my progress when I start using v 2.00

Thanks again,
Larry
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Tue Jan 28 14:05:19 MST 2014
The v1.03 package should still work, but it's not directly importable as an archive. For the v1.xx packages, the package needs to be unzipped first and then you need to load it as an existing project tree.
The original procedure was here for those packages : http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/_q_u_i_c_k_s_t_a_r_t__l_p_c_o_p_e_n__t_o_o_l_c_h_a_i_n__x_p_r_...
(V2 packages are directly importable as an archive)

Quote:
Is there a document that summarizes the changes needed to migrate from an old CMSIS project to an LPCOpen project?

Unfortunately, this doesn't exist. A full porting guide that covers all drivers and variations among platforms would be a bit of work.
However, the LPCOpen functions are well documented for most platforms. For the upcoming 17xx/40xx packages, the API documentation packages generated from the code should be available with the first v2 release.
These documents contain the functions, parameters, returns, and descriptions as extracted from the code. They look like this (Windows help or HTML): http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/lpcopen_winhelp_v2_01_8xx.chm

The examples are also well documented, at least we believe they are well documented.

Once you get started, sending in or posting some feedback on your experience using this moving from the legacy CMSIS package bundles would be -very- helpful for us.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by larryvc on Tue Jan 28 13:15:36 MST 2014
Thanks Kevin, I'll just wait for that.

Is there a document that summarizes the changes needed to migrate from an old CMSIS project to an LPCOpen project?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Tue Jan 28 13:00:24 MST 2014
The expected release date for the 17xx/40xx V2 packages is Feb 7th..
0 Kudos